Dca

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
Has anyone heard how good DCA park is doing? I know when the Animal Kingdom opened it was an instant hit, but I heard the DCA is not that great.

sillyspook13

I have heard that park attendance has been really low. Only about 60 percent of what was expected. I guess that's why they got MSEP- to boost their popularity.

Disney Maniac

Disney's California Adventure is not doing at all as well as Disney would have liked, or expected, for that matter. Part of that might be because DCA did not open during peak season. Instead, it opened in February, when attendance numbers are usually down from summer season.

Also, Disneyland has over the last few years lost a fair portion of it's foreign market, with Tokyo Disneyland regularly posting the highest attendance numbers of all the parks. Also, DCA was not highly publicised, at least here in the East Coast market. So unless you get the Disney Channel, read Disney Magazine or any other Disney-published magazine, there was no way to know (easily) about DCA. Okay, there is one commercial for DCA with Buzz Lightyear snooping over Disneyland's hedge, but that's it, and I don't see it regularly enough to make me believe that it's a big publicity run.

All in all, DCA may do a lot better over the summer, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Jimengland

I live in England and until I seriously started looking at Disney on the Web I did not know DCA existed. There has been no publicity at all, shame because from the pictures I have seen it looks great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom