Day 4...Disney fanatics DO NOT READ!!!

Cast members:

Me (hubby): planner, schemer, web surfer, bean counter, Disney commando and generally a lazy, cheap, beer drinking bum.

DS-(also known as -wifey)-over worked, under paid, semi commando Disney fan-- as long as someone else does the planning,

TTS (also known as darling son)-Typical Teenage Son-15 years old and knows everything, won't admit how much he likes Disney cause he's gotta be 'cool'

WARNING!!! All you DDF's (Diehard Disney Fans) the next section contains graphic images and language that you will not find appropriate. Please skip to the next section-I will not be held responsible if this causes you extreme duress.

(Have you all gone? I see you hiding in the back---shoo...go away.......ok-that's better)

Tuesday: RING....RING......RING........RING.......RING.........RING .........RING....Ok who keeps calling this early? WHAT??? Have I accidentally slept in the wrong room? Has my real family been abducted by evil space aliens and been replaced with ones that only appear to be related to me? I looked over and wifey is already up with coffee fixed and the TTS is eating breakfast (either that or he never stopped eating from the night before-not sure which)..hmmmm...both of them up can only mean one thing....ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE DAY!!!!! Yes today is the day we go off campus-Disney is great at what they do but there is a serious lack of rides for the true adrenaline junky at Disney's theme parks. We meet our towncar service at 7:55 and arrive at IOA at 8:25. We are near the front of the line impatiently waiting till they open the gates. They open and we walk very hurriedly (ok-we run) to the Incredible Hulk. We are second in line-yep, today is going according to plan. HEY?? What's this-they aren't loading anybody-10 minutes later the manager comes out and say because of the humidity they have to clean off the camera lens (wow-we just happened to visit the one day of the entire year that the humidity is high...oh well at least we got their equivalent to a fast pass for any attraction good for the entire day. Off to Spiderman-great ride but once we are getting into the area where we get off the car in front of us beaks down! Hmmmmm....we have ridden 2 rides and 2 rides have broken down-this is not a good sign. Over to Dr. Doom's Fear Fall but the line is already 25 minutes-we'll catch it later. Bee line over to Dueling Dragoons (wifeys favorite ride)-no line :):) we ride Ice 4 times and Fire 3 times; we decide fire is better. Lines starts forming so it's off to do something else. We do their 2 water rides and are now soaked from head to ankle (against their 'rules' we went ahead and removed our shoes and socks-what were they going to do? Put us in time out?). Rode several more of the rides then it's back to the Hulk (our TTS and mines favorite ride); walking to the Hulk we see there is no wait in the singles line for Dr. Doom so we do that first and use our fast pass at Spiderman . We also do the singles line for Hulk-wifey rode it a couple of times then bailed while TTS and I proceeded to see how many times we could ride it. I stopped counting at 12 and he stopped counting at 15 (he had more energy and could get back in line faster that me). By 3:35 I was beat from running back in line so I went and waited with wifey till it was time to go back to our town car (5:00 reservation at Fulton's Crab House). At 3:40 they closed the Hulk because of thunderstorms (can we have timed this any better?). I think I rode around 30 rides that day and the TTS at least 35-40; not bad for the $60.00 admission ticket. We wish Disney had a thrill park-don't get me wrong, we love Disney but most of there rides are geared for a younger crowd. Town car service was right on time and we are at Downtown Disney by 4:25-a little shopping then off to Fultons for dinner. 3 orders of Crab and Lobster bisque (it's not as good as the Coral Reefs in my opinion-your mileage may vary), wifely had King Crab legs, TTS and I both had the Crab Claws and Lobster tail, he had a side of mashed potatoes and then we had 2 crème brulee's (spelling??) was a most excellent meal; whipped out my Annual Pass and they took off 10% of the entire meal (including adult beverages)-saving of $19.34. I had purchased 8 day park hopper passes incase we wanted to do a park that night-we were to full from dinner to do that much walking so back to the resort (wasted $6.00 on that additional night and I didn't care)-took the boat back 'home'; went to the pool and hot tub had a couple of Foster's 'oil cans' and then it was time to crash.

Bill

sheryl2007

We had the opposite experience at IOA. We had 4 teenagers and 2 three and under, the teenagers and my husband and brother in law had fun, but the wait times were looonngg and the Ripley ride broke down and they waited an hour and twenty min. Of course we didn't have the express pass thing either. I was with the little ones and IOA is sorely lacking in enertainment for them and for anyone who doesn't do the thrill rides. They have definitely themed it towards the older kids and teen/young adults and the coaster fanatics.I guess our day should have been spent at the MK while everyone else was at IOA. Great reports , I enjoyed all of them!!!!!!!!!!:)

CAPTAIN HOOK

A nice report - Although a Disney lover I find that it is nice to do another park every now and again - Did IOA on our last trip, enjoyed Hulk, Spiderman, Duelling Dragons and several others but found the whole park lacking the "zing" that Disney Magic adds to a day out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom