David's Vacation Club Rentals

DrummerAlly

Has anyone here ever rented DVC points through David's Vacation Club Rentals? I'm looking at switching our vacation in June from POFQ to a DVC studio through his company. Looking at his calendar and at $13/point, the whole thing seems a little too good to be true, so I'm skeptical. I saw that it was recommended over on allears.net which made me feel a little better.

Has anyone here ever done it? Any feedback? Thanks!:wave:

captainkidd

I've read plenty of decent things about him, so no worries there. However, he is probably the most expensive person to rent points from. I just got back from a week at the Wilderness Lodge Villas and I paid only $8 per point. Granted, that's very low, but you can certainly do better than $13 per point.

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
I've read plenty of decent things about him, so no worries there. However, he is probably the most expensive person to rent points from. I just got back from a week at the Wilderness Lodge Villas and I paid only $8 per point. Granted, that's very low, but you can certainly do better than $13 per point.

Can you point me in the direction of some cheaper DVC rental companies? Thanks!

Upvote 0

GeoDonJac34

We might be renting DVC points next trip, so I am also interested in where to rent the points at. Davids does seem a little pricey, albeit much cheaper then rack rate.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

We might be renting DVC points next trip, so I am also interested in where to rent the points at. Davids does seem a little pricey, albeit much cheaper then rack rate.

Not really.

To stay in a studio at WL next January by renting points will cost me about $1,400 for a week. I can get a standard room at the Lodge for about the same price, and have housekeeping and be inside the main building.

$13 per point is a lot. Then factor in paypal fees, and it's even worse.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I'm not sure if we can promote other forums, but if you google "rent dvc points" you'll find some other disney forums where people privately rent out their points. The benefit to using a service like David's is that he's your go-to guy making sure everything is done correctly. When you make the transaction through a regular person, you're working one on one with someone and it may not be as reliable.

Upvote 0

hiptwinmama

DVC rentals

I went directly through the owner, I found her on mouseowners. I got ours at $10 per point. I will advise that if you rent directly from the owner that you must do some due diligence.

For example, I checked the Orange Co. FL public records to confirm that is was in fact the owner of a DVC. I also paid them with paypal, so that I am protected. google-ing their name or email is a good idea too.

I have had a wonderful experience with the owner and will be renting from them again.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
I'm glad to know that so many of you had good experiences renting through DVC owners directly. I'm a little too nervous to do that and don't want to go through the added work of making sure I'm having a legit transaction. After looking through everything, we're willing to pay a little more to go through a middleman to manage it. The added security is worth the added cost for me.

Upvote 0

Nero the dog

I'm glad to know that so many of you had good experiences renting through DVC owners directly. I'm a little too nervous to do that and don't want to go through the added work of making sure I'm having a legit transaction. After looking through everything, we're willing to pay a little more to go through a middleman to manage it. The added security is worth the added cost for me.

I believe that the timeshare store rent points now @ $12 per point

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Renting comes with trade-off's. If you want to pay less you will have to rent through an owner directly, which comes with a certain level of unavoidable risk. If the person renting you the points is dishonest and cancels your reservation you are going to be losing some substantial cash. In addition, you will also be standing in the lobby of a Disney hotel with no where to stay (and Disney is often not overly sympathetic in this situation since renting points is technically competition to them). While you don't often hear rental horror stories, it does happen.

By going through David's company, you pay more, but you also have a certain level of protection through the middle man. Like playing in the stock market, you determine the level of risk you want to take on in relation to what you want to pay and proceed accordingly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom