Date when Spaceship Earth reopens

WV_Jayola

I was at EPCOT about a week and a half ago, and was checking out the SSE post show area. I asked the CM working in there about any POSSIBLE soft openings (i knew it was almost impossible, but i could hope, right? lol), and he said that there was no way. He told me that they were running behind schedule, and that it was not going to reopen until Christmas Day.

Who knows...

I just wish I had got to ride it. Hopefully soon, though...

jeff.

JEANYLASER

Thank you for that info I can't wait to see the new spaceship Earth In November 13th.OH! Do you know the new song is going to be let?

kadesha

I was at EPCOT about a week and a half ago, and was checking out the SSE post show area. I asked the CM working in there about any POSSIBLE soft openings (i knew it was almost impossible, but i could hope, right? lol), and he said that there was no way. He told me that they were running behind schedule, and that it was not going to reopen until Christmas Day.

Who knows...

I just wish I had got to ride it. Hopefully soon, though...

jeff.

OMG! I hope this isn't true! :( My girls will be devastated if they don't get to ride it on our December trip.

Sil

so does anybody know if they are totally changing the ride or just revamping and updating it a little? it seems to have been closed for quite a while.

Captain Hank

so does anybody know if they are totally changing the ride or just revamping and updating it a little? it seems to have been closed for quite a while.
Indications are that it's going to be somewhere in-between. The entrie second half, from the bedroom scene onward, will be totally revamped (with the exception of the 180top planetarium). Everything prior to the bedroom scene will be tweaked and enhanced. The vehicles will be upgraded with touch screens and new music and narration is expected.

Part of the reason that it is taking so long likely is a result of the unique challenges of getting things into the sphere. Everything has to be taken up to its show position either by a narrow stairway or service elevator. Everything being taken down has to go down the same ways. Depending on the size and composition of the larger set pieces, this could pose a bit of a challenge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom