Darth Mickey sold out, not really...

1disneydood

Original Poster
A quick tip for fans. The Darth Mickey was only available at SWW by waiting in a long line at Tattoine traders but I've found more available online. If you want to buy one for $12+shipping go to www.disneygallery.com and buy one. I just ordered two after thinking I'd never be able to get one for a low price. eBay has them but they are expensive.

Just a tip. ;)

Iakona

Thanks for the tip. My son and I are leaving Friday for a weekend trip, but at least if I can't get him a Darth Mickey I can tell him 2 are on the way.
FYI - Delivery date is Sept/Oct.
1disneydood said:
A quick tip for fans. The Darth Mickey was only available at SWW by waiting in a long line at Tattoine traders but I've found more available online. If you want to buy one for $12+shipping go to www.disneygallery.com and buy one. I just ordered two after thinking I'd never be able to get one for a low price. eBay has them but they are expensive.

Just a tip. ;)

1disneydood

Original Poster
Yeah I guess my Jedi Mickey will have to wait 4 months for a opponent to fight. :) I can wait, better than nothing, ya know.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can confirm there are no more Darth Mickeys at Tatoine traders. I was there Saturday and they are completely sold out.

I can confirm the length of the line having stood on it on the first Friday of last week. It moves very slowly too, so if it's wrapped around the corner towards Muppets I wouldn't bother. It was worth it though for us, everybody says how cute he is.

We were able to offend Jedi Mickey at the photo spot in Sounds Dangerous, but that's another story :drevil: .

edit: Master Yoda just rendered my post obsolete. Not fast enough I was....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
DukeEarthwalker said:
I can confirm the length of the line having stood on it on the first Friday of last week. It moves very slowly too, so if it's wrapped around the corner towards Muppets I wouldn't bother. It was worth it though for us, everybody says how cute he is.

We were able to offend Jedi Mickey at the photo spot in Sounds Dangerous, but that's another story :drevil: .

edit: Master Yoda just rendered my post obsolete. Not fast enough I was....
We are a a little slow after waiting in that 4 1/2 hour line for a $12 Darth Mickey. :lol:

AEfx

Master Yoda said:
We are a a little slow after waiting in that 4 1/2 hour line for a $12 Darth Mickey. :lol:

Ouch. 4 1/2 hours??!!!!

Do you have an AP? I hope so, otherwise that's a ALOT of money to spend standing in line.

You are a better SW fan than I. I won't stand in a line for an attraction for more than 15, maybe 20 minutes (even something like Splash Mountain) so I can't imagine waiting in that space for so long.

The force must be strong with you...hehe.

AEfx

AKQJ10

Thanks for the link! Just ordered mine!! (Lou makes lightsaber sound... realizes he's a dork and gets back to work)

HAhahah ;)

tigger248

OMG! I want! But, it'll have to wait til tomorrow. I had a busy, rough night at work (lots of complaints...) and don't feel like going to get my credit card now. Thanks for the link though. Vader's my absolute favorite SW character and of course everyone loves Mickey! :D

drp4video

Having no idea what they look like, and not a real big star wars fan, it still sounds like something I need to get. Just ordered one. Thanks.

I just went to e-bay and saw a picture. OMG how cute!

FigmentJedi

Am I the only one that thinks Mickey just doesn't look right as a Sith Lord? I think that from the poster image (which has Jedi Mickey dueling Vader) that another character would be a better Vader like Donald Duck(he's got the anger in him, that might take him down to the dark side. And I'm surprised he hasn't killed the terrible trio yet...)

Chux

My girlfriend called me at 2am the day they went on sale to tell me about it... I'd normally be irate, but I really wanted a DM so what can I say. That being said, anybody know if you can still get the posters or the SWW T-shirt (3X)?

thimblekisses

1disneydood said:
Yeah I guess my Jedi Mickey will have to wait 4 months for a opponent to fight. :) I can wait, better than nothing, ya know.

Hahaha I just bought a Jedi Mickey and a Darth Mickey this year when we went the first weekend. . . they had a battle on the tram. But Darth Mickey doesn't have a light saber and Jedi Mickey does, so it's hardly fair! Darth Mickey was reduced to using his mechanical limbs in a fist-to-saber type combat.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Chux said:
My girlfriend called me at 2am the day they went on sale to tell me about it... I'd normally be irate, but I really wanted a DM so what can I say. That being said, anybody know if you can still get the posters or the SWW T-shirt (3X)?
They had plenty of the posters and shirts left this weekend…don’t know about the 3X size though.

1disneydood

Original Poster
Tahu said:
Am I the only one that thinks Mickey just doesn't look right as a Sith Lord? I think that from the poster image (which has Jedi Mickey dueling Vader) that another character would be a better Vader like Donald Duck(he's got the anger in him, that might take him down to the dark side. And I'm surprised he hasn't killed the terrible trio yet...)

Well after an overzealous Jedi took Mickey from his mother, and demanded that a padiwan train him, while the council treated him like an untrustworthy outsider, returned to see his mother die without him being there to help, and refused to train him as a master , Mickey went off. Then after the emperor treated him with a false respect and showed him the great powers he had which the Jedi would not, he went ballistic. Thus Jedi Mickey turned to Darth Mickey after his master (who didn't like him from the start) attempted to kill him.

If I sound crazy it's because all can go by is rumors and previous movies as I haven't seen episode 3 yet. :hammer:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
KevinPage said:
Anyone have a picture of the T shirt/poster?
There are two t-shirts that I saw. One was basically the same as the poster the other had the logo for each of the 5 SW weekends. Here is a picture of the poster for 2005.

Attachments

• 0005193.jpg
    0005193.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 36

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom