Daisy?

Maria

wow.... that´s a difficult one to find! I only saw her once and it was during "Mickey´s Not so scary Halloween Party" parade... I know she used to be the character in Norway a loooooong time ago.... wonder why...:rolleyes: :veryconfu

Upvote 0

TURKEY

That is probally your best bet, calling or going to guest relations.

The only time that I've ever seen her is at the Pin Celebration in August.

Upvote 0

disneycentral

I saw her once, it was at Animal Kingdom the week of opening. She was over in the Camp Minnie Mickey greeting area. It might have been something special though, just for the opening. She was surrounded like the first tram after Fantasmic.

I have never thought of asking. Do they have a printed list that they hand out, or is it just hit and miss?

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by disneycentral
I saw her once, it was at Animal Kingdom the week of opening. She was over in the Camp Minnie Mickey greeting area. It might have been something special though, just for the opening. She was surrounded like the first tram after Fantasmic.

I have never thought of asking. Do they have a printed list that they hand out, or is it just hit and miss?

Pretty much hit and miss. But GR can call somewhere and find out. We did this to find Mary Poppins.

Upvote 0

disneycentral

Thanks!

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Pretty much hit and miss. But GR can call somewhere and find out. We did this to find Mary Poppins.
Thanks! My girls love Mary Poppins. We used to see her all the time at 1900 Park Fair breakfast. Haven't been in a while though.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by disneycentral

Thanks! My girls love Mary Poppins. We used to see her all the time at 1900 Park Fair breakfast. Haven't been in a while though.

Now it's pooh and friends. Bet that comes as a surprise.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Breakfast is Pooh now too? I thought the only time Pooh was there was for lunch/dinner (whichever it is). I thought Pooh took the Villans place.

I could give you the number to call yourself, but I would have to kill you. :hammer:

Also if you go through other lines for characters they might be able to tell you if a certain character is scheduled to appear there some time later in the day.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Breakfast is Pooh now too? I thought the only time Pooh was there was for lunch/dinner (whichever it is). I thought Pooh took the Villans place.

I could give you the number to call yourself, but I would have to kill you. :hammer:

Also if you go through other lines for characters they might be able to tell you if a certain character is scheduled to appear there some time later in the day.

I thought it was pooh now, but I could be wrong.

Upvote 0

Demon Snow Dog

Saw Daisy (Sep 00) in the World Showcase at EPCOT on the bus tour with other assorted characters (Terk, Pinocchio, etc.). Call each park's Guest Relations office upon arriving; sometimes they know specifically which days of the week certain characters are at their park. Good luck in your hunt for that duck!

Upvote 0

Maria

Any CM in any park (best bet are GR, of course) should be able to tell you where characters will be. They should carry a "tell a cast" little weekly brochure for cast members only with the highlights of each park. There used to be one for each park, I know about the one for Epcot and that one listed the characters appearances in each area of the park. I´m assuming that the same goes for the other parks, but I may be wrong. As always, the best bet is Guest Relations.... they know it all!!!

Mary Poppins shows up certain days at the UK gardens. Good luck on finding Daisy! :)

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Yes, all parks have tel-a-casts. It has a listing of all the shows, parades, special events for its park and also hours for all parks, water parks, downtown disney as well.

I doubt that any CM can tell you based on that. They would have to call the number listed in it.

The Epcot one now has the Character Bus showtimes listed on it. It also has Aladdin's hours at Morroco I believe. It doesn't say who and when a person is appearing on the bus.

I imagine that the tel-a-cast for each park is the same unless it is for one certain character found at only one place at certain times. For example, it won't say who is appearing at Toontown or at Fantasyland Lagoon area, likewise for in front of the hat and trails at AK.

If you happen to go by a character, he/she should have a character greeter with him/her. The greeter usually has a list of who comes and goes at that spot and at what time. You might ask them if Daisy is scheduled to appear.

Upvote 0

Maria

Thanks Turkey leg boy! You are right. I did remember the tell a cast when I was there, was a little bit more informative on certain characters because in most cases they were the same ones in each country and we kinda knew them by heart. Now with the character bus can get more difficult to know who is showing up. But the number for character greetings is there, so anyone should be able to tell... at least in theory ;) :D

Upvote 0

Disneynutcase

Boy! I've been going to Disney parks at least once a year (on both coasts) since 1969. I've been to Disney parks so much that I've totally lost count--has to be between 70-85 times. And only once have I ever encountered Daisy doing meet and greets.

It was within the last decade, maybe as little as 5 years ago. She was kind of inexplicably hanging with Donald inside of Mickey's House in the Toon Town area. It was in an area before they shuffle people off to the Mickey meeting rooms. Quite a surprise, let me tell you! In fact everyone in the party I was with (a number of Disney veterans) commented that they had never seen Daisy before, except for in parades.

Now I have two young daughters who would love to meet Daisy, but alas...on our last half dozen or so trips with the kids, we never get so lucky.

I've been told by friends who worked at DL that some costumes, particularly the old Dwarfs and the Duck ones, are a to work in--terrible vision problems (the ducks have to see little ones over their bills) and bad leg movement problems because of how low the butt portion has to go--almost to the knees. That's why we don't see Donald as much as we do Pooh, Mickey, Goofy, etc. I see Roger Rabbit and obscure Lion King guys much more often than I ever see a duck.

Good luck on finding Daisy. Please report back if you have any success on your trip.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Disneynutcase
That's why we don't see Donald as much as we do Pooh, Mickey, Goofy, etc. I see Roger Rabbit and obscure Lion King guys much more often than I ever see a duck.

Good luck on finding Daisy. Please report back if you have any success on your trip.

While I worked at Epcot for 15 months, Donald Duck was the only character who appeared daily from openning to almost until park closing at the Mexican Pavillion. I was told that this was because he was the most demanded one after Mickey Mouse.

Upvote 0

Disneynutcase

You know what, Maria? You're absolutely right. WDW does a much better job of getting Donald out and about than DL and DCA does. Maybe it helps that there are four parks in Florida as opposed to one old and one brand spankin' new one out in CA.
And I agree, Disney suddenly realized sometime in the last fifteen years or so that Donald is too popular to keep hidden. But it wasn't always that way. When I was a kid, I totally wanted to have my photo taken with Donald Duck and it must've taken about ten years of travelling to Disney (at least my first 15 trips throughout the '70's) before I got that photo.

I've seen Donald at Epcot. Seen him at MK, too. But I was just at DL right before Christmas and again, no Ducks except for in the parades. Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Chip and Dale were the only classic cartoon characters at meet and greet locales.

Maybe it's an east coast/west coast thing. But I still say (and know) that Donald and Daisy are tough characters to be in costume. It's those darned duck bills! They can't see and relate to the kiddies like the other better sight-lined costumes can do. That's why I saw Rafiki, Tigger and Timon this time--in fact, both Tigger and Timon worked two locations--but no ducks.

Upvote 0

Maria

I just realized you were in California! Hey, u know what? I remember the same as u.... when i was a girl, I so much wanted to have a pic with Mickey.... and it was soooo hard to find him! I don´t remember having a picture taken with him! Then I went to work at Epcot years later and saw Mickey everywhere! He followed me around!
I kept telling him: "Mickey, no more pics, please!" but he insisted.... :p
Seriously, I think characters and specially Mickey are out more often now than when we were kids. Good!!:sohappy:

:) Maria :)

Upvote 0

disneydentist

We must just be lucky or something because we've seen Daisy at least three or four times over the past ten years. We saw her at Camp Minnie Mickey in early December 2001. She was wearing her safari outfit and had no crowd at all (everyone else was in Legend of the Lion King).

Upvote 0

vanryan

Original Poster
wow!

I guess we hae a find that duck theme to our vacation now. Which parade has anyone seen Daisy in? We saw Spectromagic in April 2000 and I don't remember Daisy. I think we saw Donald on a float...The costume/bill problem makes sense, I guess that is why he was riding.

Thanks for all the help!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom