Cutting Costs

kimrn87

We are planning another trip to WDW in 2004. We are a family of five.............I am looking for ways to cut cost but still enjoy an onsite stay.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated from rooms to transportation while we are there............any discounts I can get????!!!!

CREEKWAYNE

www.mousesavers.com or Kingdom Konsultants(Pam) who is a sponsor of wdwmagic.com and is on the boards constantly.:sohappy: Other ideas would be to bring some of your own food into the parks as snacks and eat light for breakfast. Such as bagels and coffee. You can really keep the costs down that way.:sohappy: Also, eat dinner a little early while they still have the lunch menu out at alot of these places to eat. You can save yourself alot of $$$ that way!!:wave:

Upvote 0

meanmice

I have a sort of related quesetion. I have the park hopper, I've reserved the room and we bought the tickets. Is there anything I'm forgetting. Aside from food, is there any other costs I should be figuring?

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by kimrn87
We are planning another trip to WDW in 2004. We are a family of five.............I am looking for ways to cut cost but still enjoy an onsite stay.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated from rooms to transportation while we are there............any discounts I can get????!!!!
You don't mention ages and sexes of the party members and whether it is feasable to share one room or whether two would be necessary. What type of resort are you proposing to stay at and would the trip be cheaper if you went to stay in a suite as opposed to resort rooms ?

Upvote 0

Mr.MouseFan

Originally posted by meanmice
I have a sort of related quesetion. I have the park hopper, I've reserved the room and we bought the tickets. Is there anything I'm forgetting. Aside from food, is there any other costs I should be figuring?

Aside from parking, souvenirs, and tips, I can't really think of any...then again, it's 5am...lol.

Upvote 0

Kellylynn322

My husband and I are bringing my aunt & cousins with us this year and looked into alot of options with onsite stays. We found the Wilderness Cabins to be reasonable for the time and you have your own kitchen, and grill outside to make at least breakfast and possibly some lunches to save some $. Also you might want to consider buying 1 AP for the discount. Especially on the Cabins the AP discount has saved me ALOT of money so far.

Upvote 0

Pippa

Eat a sit down meal at lunchtime as the entrees are cheaper and if you are at EPCOT and get thirsty go to Ice Station Cool by the dancing fountains in Future World as it offers free samples of various Coke brand drinks from around the world as many as you can drink!

Upvote 0

#1MMFan

Alot of people buy the value meals at WDW. (Ex Burger and fries combo). Well when you buy 5 of these meals you have TONS of fries.

What we do is buy 2 of the value meals (with fries) and 3 meals WITHOUT THE FRIES. They takes about $2.00 off of the price! We save $6.00 per meal times 3 meals per day, times 14 days. Over $250 saved to spend on OTHER Disney merchandise!

Upvote 0

PrncssCinderEly

I found a way when it comes to food to save money....

Most of the sit down rest. offer a kids menu...and being that I am not a kid...(28 years old)...they will still let you order from it, and the kids menu is pretty big..and if you add either a side salad or soup....you still have room for dessert!:slurp:

There were some days that I treated myself, but what we did was have just a small snack during the early aft. and eat a nice dinner while they were still offering the lunch menu.

Upvote 0

FormerCM

You can actually ship things to the hotel before you go. Like snacks, water($2.50 a bottle in parks!!) Depending on when you go, get the spray water bottles and take them with you. Anything you take with you will be cheaper than buying there. Film, food, pens for autograph books(which you could make at home cheaper!!)

Mousesavers is a good place. Plus Disney now offers you a room only rate, tickets separate . You can save that way I saved major money doing everything separately!!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I heard an idea for autographs that I really like.

well...2 actually, but they are related

One was to leave the left hand page of the book blank, then paste the picture of the character on that page.

The other is to have the characters sign index cards, which you can slip into the photo album next to the picture. (this would eliminate the need to buy a $7 autograph book)

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by PrncssCinderEly
I found a way when it comes to food to save money....

Most of the sit down rest. offer a kids menu...and being that I am not a kid...(28 years old)...they will still let you order from it, and the kids menu is pretty big..and if you add either a side salad or soup....you still have room for dessert!:slurp:

There were some days that I treated myself, but what we did was have just a small snack during the early aft. and eat a nice dinner while they were still offering the lunch menu.
I seem to remeber a lot of reports on this forum from adults who ere denied the kids menu in restaurants..

Upvote 0

PrncssCinderEly

Originally posted by Catch 22
I seem to remeber a lot of reports on this forum from adults who ere denied the kids menu in restaurants..

It could just depend on your server too...but it never hurts to ask...There was a group of 4 adults in our party, and no kids...and we got to order off the kids menu whenever we asked for it and than orderd a salad to go with it...just the perfect amount.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom