Cute Honeymoon Ideas

MarciMellow

I am getting married August 5th and we will be taking a 10 day Disney Honeymoon!!! We are super excited! Is there anything romantic and cute to do that people wouldn't normally think of??

FanofDinsey1981

one of the most romantic nights I have had in disney was on a family vacation. while everyone else was out at the parks for dinner and fireworks, my husband and I bought a bottle of wine, some cheese, and picked up a few desserts and headed to our room. We spent the evening eating, drinking, and otherwise relaxing in the room with no one around. It was the first time (and only time) on a two week vacation where we had time to ourselves.

Since you are on your honeymoon (and I am assuming your family isn't in tow), I would say use one night away from everyone and do room service, get a bottle of champagne, and have some 'you' time in your room.

Or, take a walk on the 'beach' by the wedding pavillion later in the evening, when it is dusk or dark out.

Upvote 0

coltow

Where are you staying? We did 10 day honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge, which is plenty romantic to begin with. We also enjoyed a nice stroll around Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

I just got back from my 10 day honeymoon last week and we did a Wishes cruise that was pretty romantic. I believe it was about $200 and they picked us up at the Grand Floridian around 9:00 pm and took us on a tour of the lagoon. Our driver had stories/facts about the resorts and lagoon and also parked us in front of the Wilderness Lodge to get a front row seat for the electrical water pageant. Around 10 we parked in front of the MK and watched the fireworks. They had refreshments and snacks on board for us. It was just us and our driver. For more money, you can get the package that includes speakers on the boat to hear the Wishes soundtrack, but I dont think it's necessary. We parked next to a boat that had it and we could also hear it from the park.

I've also heard that at Port Orleans Riverside you can take carriage rides. I'm not sure how much it costs, but I think you can get reservations through the recreation number.

If you want something private in your room, call the Disney florist and order a champagne and goodies basket to be delivered to your resort. We had one with sparkling wine, cheeses and chocolates waiting for us when we arrived.

We had a very romantic time! Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

daverube

My wife-to-be and I are taking a short honeymoon at Disney this October as well.....

However, we stayed in-park (All Star Movies) for four days last August. BY FAR the most romantic thing we did was sit on a park bench outside the Chefs de France restaurant in Paris while we drank wine and watch the friendship move back and forth...

We live in New Orleans...so we know a little about romance in classical places.....

Get a late reservation at Chefs, find a park bench overlooking the water, get some wine at the nearby stand and just enjoy being together....its a nice way to end a long day of in-park fun!!

Congrats and Good Luck...

dave

Upvote 0

MarciMellow

Original Poster
We are staying at French Quarter.. and are looking to stay 1 extra day at a different resort... any suggestions as to a good place to stay... reasonably priced.. to just chill at for a day?

Upvote 0

snakeislandboy

I honeymooned during Christmas last year. The best thing is that everyone there goes out of there way to make you feel special, so the whole time is special. I'm sure you've probably heard this by now but the honeymoon ears are a lot of fun, you probably don't want to wear them for the whole time, but the first couple days are really fun. Many castmembers noticed me and the Mrs wearing them and many magical things happened for us during our time there. See my avitar for just one example. It's not every day you can get a group shot with Mickey, Minney, and Daisy.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

MarciMellow said:
We are staying at French Quarter.. and are looking to stay 1 extra day at a different resort... any suggestions as to a good place to stay... reasonably priced.. to just chill at for a day?

Carribean Beach is fantastic for the price and for the 'chill' factor. Since it is so spread out, there are fewer people per square foot, keeping the noise levels down. and they have several quiet pools (and one great main pool) to relax at. And taking a walk around the complex is quite nice too!

(yay, my 1000 post finally!)

Upvote 0

NeedABreak

We are doing our honeymoon at WDW in september and we are planing on doing the wishes cruise for sure. Can't get much more romantic.

Since your going for 10 days you don't have to spend all your time in the parks, do all the little things you have see and never done: rent boats, parasailing, special tours. Fill your time with memory making activities.

And get the dining plan, you don't wanna be budgeting all the romatic dinners. lol

Upvote 0

hokielutz

If you have the money to spend on it and the two of you are comfortable with it... the GF Spa has a romantic massage for two package. My wife and I did that in the late afternoon and it really relaxed us for a wonderful evening dining out and just being together.

Upvote 0

Ciciwoowoo

There is a really nice wooded path between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. I think it might be a mile long? Anyway, take a stroll down that path sometime. Its really nice!

Its fun to go to the Hoop-Dee-Doo. They like honeymooners there!

If you time the show just right, you can take a walk down to the beach afterwards to see the fireworks show and the electrical water parade.

Best wishes to you both!

Upvote 0

MarciMellow

Original Poster
TAC said:
Make sure have dinner at Restaurantosaurous and Pizzafari
We weren't planning on eating at those but will they do something especially cute? That may change our minds :)

Another thing I was wondering about is wedding/honeymoon souveniers. I know on the Disney Shopping page there are a few things on there. I would imagine at MouseGear or the stores at Downtown Disney there would be more. Am I correct? I have seen a Wedding Snowglobe on other disney pages that people are selling, I guess I'm wondering if they still have it there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom