Custom shirts for my upcoming trip

mrtoad

Original Poster
I just finished making the custom shirts for our upcoming trip. Some are for me and the rest are for my two daughters. Of these the Hiya Pal one is mine the rest are for my older daughter. I did make myself the same Incredibles, Pirates and Space Mountain.

These first ones were done with heat applied vinyl.

Incredibles.jpg

Oswald.jpg

Pirates.jpg

SpaceMountain.jpg

mrtoad

Original Poster
Last ones. These were done by cutting out designs out of freezer paper and ironing to the shirts. Then I sprayed with bleach/water solution. Added some crystals on two as my youngest daughter is definitely a girly girl. The Mickey head one got messed up a little but I think she will like it anyway.

I will surprise them next week with the shirts so they can pack them...
Mickey.jpg

PeaceMickey.jpg

WarmHugs.jpg
View attachment 61724 View attachment 61725

mrtoad

Original Poster
I forgot to add this one. We were away last week with extended family and with the all the kids I did shirt projects almost every day. one day we did linoleum block cuts and then stamped them on the shirts. My youngest daughter wanted a mickey and asked me to do it for her (she and some of the younger kids lost interest in some of the projects). This is her shirt I did for her. The ink is speedball water based fabric ink.

MickeyBlock1.jpg

Attachments

• MickeyBlock2.jpg
    MickeyBlock2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 69
Love the shirts! I've thought about making shirts for my family's upcoming trip, but haven't done anything yet. I probably will after seeing all the great ones you created.

mrtoad

Original Poster
These shirts are so cool. You did such a good job. Where did you buy the appliqués?
Thank you. I appreciate it. I did not buy them, I cut them myself. The first 2 posts are of shirts I either found on the internet and altered or made myself then I cut them on a vinyl cutter and applied with a heat press. The ones I did with the bleach I printed images and traced onto freezer paper and cut out and applied to the shirt with an iron then sprayed with the bleach/water solution. You could find images and cut them out of the freezer paper and then do fabric paint as well rather than bleach, so you woudl cut out the negative of the image and use it like a stencil.

The last one I just cut it out of linoleum block and rolled on ink and pressed them. Lots of options...

mrtoad

Original Poster
I gave the shirts to my daughters yesterday and they were super excited. For my older daughter the Really Bad Eggs was her favorite as I assumed it would be. She not only decided it will be the shirt she wears day one, she decided it will be the shirt she will wear to school for the first day as well...

I made 3 more shirts. One for me which is of the Big Bad Wolf which I did with vinyl. The other two, I carved more linoleum blocks and stamped them with my youngest daughter. One especially got a little messy but it is ok, they are handmade so the girls were good with it.

wolf.jpg

Stamped1.jpg

Stamped2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom