Current WiFi Coverage & Quality In Parks & Resorts

Disney.Mike

I've went to Disney several times over the years. Staying at several different resorts and have never had a noticable issue with the wifi

crawale

I probably asked this question before my last trip but what is the quality of the WiFi in the parks and resorts now? The WiFi at POR was OK, kinda spotty and laggy, and I don't think I've ever really used the WiFi in any of the parks, so I don't have a baseline from previous visits. My phone is on airplane mode the minute we cross the border into the US, so once we're on property I like to have my phone on WiFi as much as possible; that way if people want to contact me, I can get texts from other iPhones and get email. I had also heard rumblings of WiFi upgrades in the last couple of years.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - extremely weak wfi.

j.piedrafite

Premium Member
Stayed at AS Movies last December in building 6 (Love Bug) and my room was at the end of the building and the wifi was non-existent. Complained a couple of times and just got a shrug. Noticeably better at the MK resorts as of late, and I was able to use my VPN to get some work done. Best was probably at the Swan/Dolphin. Agree that it's pretty useless in the parks.

BeentoallDParks

The Wi-Fi is nowhere near what it should be considering we are all being forced to use our smartphones all day. Signals are particularly poor in the queue areas for indoor attractions, which is inconvenient since we are most likely to use waiting time to make more plans.

Jedi Stitch

It works for the Disney mobile app, we ended up calling to get our reward points from the Disney card, because the online process was murder trying at ASMov resort. We stayed connected with family, so it worked fine at any park we were at. I did feel like I had better coverage at Deluxe resorts, but could be just my opinion.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Why shake your head? Use of the MDE app while in park is pretty important these days.
Especially now when WDW's "preferred" method for ADRs is MDE. They don't really want us using the dining number anymore.
Guests are being encouraged to do everything online and use live services as little as possible. I don't mind if that means they'll continue to build support for the system and connection. Mobile Order is great among others.

correcaminos

Wi-Fi at the resorts has been okay for us but in the park it's been okay at best and often not available at all. But if you really need to use it you can just walk somewhere else to get better reception at least

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom