Current and projected hotel openings

ELG13

I was thinking it might be nice to make a quick trip in December for my bday with the kids. Just 2 or 3 nights. I've been looking but it seems the value hotels aren't open then or they are full? Is there somewhere that has a easy list to see what's opened and projected openings for other hotels? We can easily stay off property but....we never manage to stick to the "off property plan" lol so I thought i should provide hotel for on and off site to my husband (he's the one that insists on site ....and I don't fight it 🤣).

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Pop is open now. Art of Animation is scheduled to open November 1.
No reopening dates yet for the All Star Resorts.

For moderates, the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness and Caribbean Beach are open now. Coronado Springs reopens October 14.
No reopening dates yet for the Port Orleans Resorts.

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

Have the re-openings been confirmed?

My understanding is some were already delayed due to low demand, so any future plans should still be considered tentative.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Have the re-openings been confirmed?

My understanding is some were already delayed due to low demand, so any future plans should still be considered tentative.
True, but they are accepting reservations for the published re-opening dates. Disney will move you if it turns out those resorts will not re-open as planned.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

December trips with the Disney holiday touches are fabulous and are my all time favorite times to go. Unfortunately Covid is and will continue to put people in difficult situations. When you have the desire for particular resorts because of past enjoyable stays, or budgetary abilities and have to settle for something else, it can be unsettling. Many resorts will remain closed until Disney can justify the financial benefit of staffing and operating them. There are benefits for staying onsite ( we will never do otherwise) but staying off site can also work well if you are willing to go without being immersed in Disney.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
December trips with the Disney holiday touches are fabulous and are my all time favorite times to go. Unfortunately Covid is and will continue to put people in difficult situations. When you have the desire for particular resorts because of past enjoyable stays, or budgetary abilities and have to settle for something else, it can be unsettling. Many resorts will remain closed until Disney can justify the financial benefit of staffing and operating them. There are benefits for staying onsite ( we will never do otherwise) but staying off site can also work well if you are willing to go without being immersed in Disney.
That is always our reason for on site. Truthfully, the only reason we are considering off site is because it's such a short trip. We have an Airbnb for $160 total for the two nights we are looking at. And for two nights we will be gone the majority of the time so....we shall see!! We have our big trip booked for April. I already told the husband that we are going to that. I cannot cancel 3 Disney trips In a row!!

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
True, but they are accepting reservations for the published re-opening dates. Disney will move you if it turns out those resorts will not re-open as planned.
At the same price? For example if Art of Animation doesn’t open you might be placed at a Moderate at the same price or they give you the option of paying for upgrade or canceling?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
At the same price? For example if Art of Animation doesn’t open you might be placed at a Moderate at the same price or they give you the option of paying for upgrade or canceling?
If you simply accept what’s offered, then yes. If you want to change your dates, or ask for something else, then you’ll pay the difference.

Some people made the mistake of phoning Disney and asking where they could move to and it was treated as a modification. If you want to be preemptive then be careful how you word it: “I believe the resort will be closed, I was wondering where I might be moved to”.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
If you simply accept what’s offered, then yes. If you want to change your dates, or ask for something else, then you’ll pay the difference.

Some people made the mistake of phoning Disney and asking where they could move to and it was treated as a modification. If you want to be preemptive then be careful how you word it: “I believe the resort will be closed, I was wondering where I might be moved to”.
Thank you for the clarification. We have stayed at Pop and All-Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, and Caribbean Beach Resort quite a few times. I don’t think we will be unhappy with being reassigned to another resort. I just didn’t want to suddenly be on the hook for the cost of a stay at a Deluxe. I wouldn’t complain about an upgrade though!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom