Cruise / Ground Transfer Question

LuckyFin24

Me and my family will be going to WDW in February and then on the Disney Cruise. I was wondering about the ground transfers. We will be staying at the Pop Century resort, which is not one of the select resorts that the cruise line buses picks people up at. I was told if I wanted to be picked up at a resort, I would have to go over to the Swan and board the bus over there.

So my question is, has anyone stayed at a "non-select" resort and had to go to another resort to get on the cruise line bus? or is there a better way of doing this? Since we won't have a car, how do we get our luggage to another resort? Or, would it be better to just take the Magical Express back to the airport and board the cruise line buses there?

An help or advise is appreciated, thanks in advance.

westie

I'm no expert since we stayed at the resort to be picked up at and, knowing Disney and espescially knowing they go the extra mile for cruisers paying the bucks I'm sure they will make arrangements with you upon check in. Have a great time, thats a great cruise with almost too much to do.:wave:

Upvote 0

kngjms

Also, is there any benefits to using Disney transportation? The reason I ask is that we are DVC members who booked a cruise after a week at SSR. Since the transportation is not included we were thinking of taking alternatives to Port Canaveral. I remember reading that if you still need to check-in you should arrive earlier than the busses? True?

Upvote 0

lscott933

well since your not staying at a resort that doesn't have a bus stopping at your resort. you can take a cab to one of the other hotels that does. or you can go to the animal kingdom to get a bus from there too. you will have to take a your luggage on the bus if you do go to a.k. once you check in your luggage you will not see it again until you get to the ship. so the only disadvantage is having to take your luggage with you to either a resort or a.k. plus you have to tell the cruise line where you are going to be pick up at. so you can check in with the desk there. good luck and have a good time

Upvote 0

meryll83

I looked into this a bit when we were thinking of a cruise and it's a long way to Port Canaveral so I would probably recommend going to another resort to get the bus, as a taxi might be megabucks!

However, I've never actually done this, so you might be better getting an opinion from someone who has....

Upvote 0

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
On Quicksilver's website the price from WDW hotel to the port is $145 one way. http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/ratesquotes.asp. The $10 cab ride to the other hotel to catch the cruise line bus would definitely be the way to go.

Just don't forget, the Disney Cruise Line bus is not free like ME. I'm not sure how much they charge exactly per person, but many times it ends up being more than a private service like ours.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom