Crowds Over MLK Day Weekend?

Snapper Bean

Original Poster
Anybody familiar with how bad the USF/IOA crowds are likely to be over MLK day weekend. This is my first time on Universal Property (Royal Pacific). Even if the parks are crowded I guess that being onsite gets me an express lane at the attractions. Right?

Snapper Bean

crazydaveh

I have been to Universal the past three MLK weekends and if the weather is nice, it will be a bit crowded.

Three years ago, it was flat out cold in Orlando. I am talking about the temp never hit 50 all day and got into the teens at night. We walked onto everything that weekend.

Two years ago it rained but was warmer. We walked on to most attractions. At most, we waited 10 minutes for Earthquake to reset and load in.

Last Year it was nice. I was sporting shorts and it was crowded! We stayed at the Hard Rock so we didn't have to wait, but I think the average coaster wait was around 20 minutes with Spider Man running 30 minutes.

And to answer your question, staying on property means you will skip the lines! It's a great treat! It also works at City Walk restaurants as well! Show them your room key and the wait to be seated won't be as long!

Snapper Bean

Original Poster
crazydaveh said:
I have been to Universal the past three MLK weekends and if the weather is nice, it will be a bit crowded.

Three years ago, it was flat out cold in Orlando. I am talking about the temp never hit 50 all day and got into the teens at night. We walked onto everything that weekend.

Two years ago it rained but was warmer. We walked on to most attractions. At most, we waited 10 minutes for Earthquake to reset and load in.

Last Year it was nice. I was sporting shorts and it was crowded! We stayed at the Hard Rock so we didn't have to wait, but I think the average coaster wait was around 20 minutes with Spider Man running 30 minutes.

And to answer your question, staying on property means you will skip the lines! It's a great treat! It also works at City Walk restaurants as well! Show them your room key and the wait to be seated won't be as long!

Thank you very much. This is very helpful information. We are looking forward to our visit very much.

MasterGracey71

Not too bad...

I worked for a third party vendor at USF/IOA for five years. Thed actual day of holiday was not too bad, the weekend a little brisk. Nothing comparable to going during a weekend in July. As the previous writer mentioned, the weather is very favorable. That way if there is lines, they are a little bit more bearable. Best bet is to go to USF and knock out Shrek/Jimmy Neutron when the park first opens, or at the tail end of the day. Also if going back and forth between the two parks, use the seldom used Hard Rock entrance/exit. It is located next to the side of the Hard Rock restaurant in the Nickelodeon area of the park. This is a nice little way to avoid the throngs of people at the main USF gate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom