crowds in second week of May

steven&evi

Hi everyone,

Our trip is planned from May 7 to May 13th, what do you guys think about the crowds in that week.

are there any days that we should avoid some parks or so?

thanks

dh999

We went during mid may 3 years ago and crowds were very small. We never had to wait in line for more than 15 minutes for anything and usually there was no wait. If it weren't for our daughter being in school until the end of May, we'd go at that time of year every year.

Upvote 0

Peterwhite171

Our Trip is also in May starting on the 9th.

I have been told by many people that early to mid may is good time to go becuase it's after the really busy period that is going on now (Easter and Spring Break) and just before another busy period at the end of the month. Crowds will should be ok until the mad rush again at the end of May when the busy summer period really get's going.

Upvote 0

tammycooley

My DS8 and myself have went that week two years in a row (2002 & 2003)
First year was almost deserted, Second year was up a little..definately a good week to go. Oh for those trips before school started :animwink: I would recommend that time of year to anyone!!! Have a great time!!!

Upvote 0

littlered

hi! we will be there that week too. Last year we went the week earlier and it was not too bad, especially considering that it was the start of the 50th anniversary celebration.
only 19 more days, yahooooo!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

foldmama

I will also be there the second week of May. Last year, I was there the first week of May and I never had to use FastPass except for Soarin"! 19 days to go!

Upvote 0

Austin1

We are going May 9-15 also! I'm so glad that the crowds aren't going to be that bad. This is looking to be one of the best times to visit. We've also been in March, July, Agust, and Octobr.

Upvote 0

luna99

we'll be there may 5th through the 8th and I'm hoping the crowds aren't too bad.. my boyfriend is already a little annoyed with how much I talk about disney and teases me if I bring it up... if we go and the crowds are horrible, I know he's going to complain.

I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that once he gets there he loves it as much as I do. :lookaroun

17 days until we go!!! :sohappy: :D

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I've been twice during this time period with my sig other in 1999 and again in 2004. Both times are great for all of the rides. Sometimes it will get busy on the weekends, but week days are usually pretty relaxed. I hope everyone who is going there this year in may will have a magical time. I'll be back in May 2007 after I survive a week at the end of June this year.

Upvote 0

BryanandPatrizi

we'll be there may 5th through the 8th and I'm hoping the crowds aren't too bad.. my boyfriend is already a little annoyed with how much I talk about disney and teases me if I bring it up... if we go and the crowds are horrible, I know he's going to complain.

I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that once he gets there he loves it as much as I do.

17 days until we go!!!

Don't worry, it was the same way with me and my wife before I took her for her first time (also second week of May, but in 2004). She would tease me about it, but now she totally understands! So much so that we went to WDW for a week and followed it up with a Disney cruise for our honeymoon in October 2005.....and we are already going again this May 6th-13th!

Funny how things have changed and she is now telling me how much she can't wait to go! Her mom even got so curious about this "place" that I told her to come with us this time (we're driving from Michigan...about 18hours straight thru!). It's like some sort of religon and I am recruiting more and more people! LOL! :)

EDIT: Oh and one more thought...I wonder how many of us will see each other down there and not even know it. Kind of weird to think about it ;)

Upvote 0

luna99

BryanandPatrizi said:
Don't worry, it was the same way with me and my wife before I took her for her first time (also second week of May, but in 2004). She would tease me about it, but now she totally understands! So much so that we went to WDW for a week and followed it up with a Disney cruise for our honeymoon in October 2005.....and we are already going again this May 6th-13th!

oh, congratulations!! and I hope I have a similar story when I get back.. I know my boyfriend and I will probably get married in the next couple of years (he hasn't proposed to me yet, but we know it's going to happen and talk like we're married already) and I've thought about doing a disney wedding perhaps or at least a disney honeymoon. :sohappy:

thanks for the words of hope! ;)

Upvote 0

bferrara16

I clicked on that link (thanks Nicole) and it says that there are Grad Nights going on May 5 & 6 when I'll be there... is this something I can/should avoid or worry about... are these Grad Nights park-specific or do they encompass all of WDW (which would make them unavoidable, I suppose)? Any tips/info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Wow, I'm so happy that the crowds won't be too bad.. I'm going in 20 days for my honeymoon at POFQ for 11 days.. We're almost more excited for WDW than for the wedding! :lol:

Upvote 0

Rleffler

We'll be there too - May 6- 13 at Port Orleans -Riverside. The whole family (in laws, brother and fiance) are going with us for my 31/2 year old son's first trip to Disney. I am sooo excited, even started a family trip newsletter (ok I am in public relations).

Great to hear that the crowds will be tame, now just if Pirates were going to still be open, it would be perfect. :cry: (Next trip I guess).

Upvote 0

Peterwhite171

Grad nights are not really anything to worry about becuase they happen after the parks close.

In any case it should not effect the day crowds to much, if at all. I am arriving on the 9th so hopfully most will be gone by then lol!

Pete

Upvote 0

kennedy

Put us down for the second week in May too. We've gone over Memorial Day for the past few years, and I'm curious to see if moving the trip up just a couple of weeks makes a big difference.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom