crowds in October

psdjmem

Hi all
Planning our WDW vacation this October 18 - 25 I have seen that some think the crowds will be heavy with the fairytale pacakge bringing in lots of people, there is a golf classic while we are there (did not know this when we booked) and someone mentioned schools are out on the 13th and that week is popular to take kids out - but i figure that crowd would be leaving when we are getting there plus some lovely brits said that is when thier holidays are!!!

YIKES i thought October was a slower time of year we were hoping for a wonderful holiday since three years ago when we went it was terrible!!! Anyone have any thoughts as to how the crowds might be?? We are traveling with 5 kids 17, 15, 6, 3, 18 months) so lines of an hour or more well makes me dizzy just thinking about it thank goodness for fast pass!

spcjq

We went during the exact same period last year (10/18 - 10/24) and crowds were very low! If crowds are the same as last year you will have a wonderful time and very short waits for everything!

Upvote 0

shari71

Last year when we went at this time it was ok. Most rides had 20 minutes or less and the ones that were over that had FP (which we used quite often with a 23 month old).

The Halloween party we went to though was really crowded.

We are going at the same time as you this year and hope there is a break in the heat (last year it was hot!) We planned the Halloween party for Oct 19 so hopefully the locals would not go on a night before school.

Hope you have a great trip.

Upvote 0

psdjmem

Original Poster
thanks for the info we are going to MNSSHP on Sunday 10-19 too! I was thinking the same thing -- that many local people would not want thier kids out until midnight on a school night! Hopefully the crowds will be low i dont mind 15 or 20 minute waits and using fastpass but when then waits get to be 45 minutes or longer standing in line holding a heavy 18 month old and trying to keep track of a 3 and 6 year old is a nightmare even with our 2 teenages to help!!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We always go in October now. We like the lower crowds.

This year we pushed our trip to the end of Oct (20-27), so we could do the Food & Wine at Epcot.

I'm expecting a higher than normal Oct crowds because of a few items...

1) Fairytale Package
2) Food & Wine
3) Two new attractions (Space and PhilharMagic)
4) Golf Classic

BUT, I'm not expecting anthing like spring or summer crowds. Most rides will probebly be like 20 min except the most popular ones. MK will be the buisiest as usual.

Overall, I'm really not expecting too much difference than normal. We've been in October when most of the big "Anaversaries" (anyone else remeber the pink castle :hurl: ) happened, and when the travel industry was doing very well. Crowds were no worst than they are now in October.

The point that MouseSavers.com has stated that the normal discounts are not being released as much I think goes to the fact that Fairytale worked and they don't have a whole lot of extra rooms to sell.

But remember, not everyone stays in the World, a lot stay outside WDW, and their numbers will not be influenced by the Fairytale Package.

Have fun, grab fastpass's, and stay cool!

BTW, I'll be doing MNSSHP on the 24th (Friday). :D

Upvote 0

careship

I'm going the same time you are Akira....18th-25th and I'm not expecting larger then normal crowds. I am hitting MNSSHP the 19th also. Everyone said the crowds would be huge when we there a few weeks ago, July 13th-21st and they weren't. The longest line I was ever in was 17 minutes for ToT. And I know that all the All-Stars were to capacity and many of the other resorts were quite full as well. Don't worry, I don't think it will be that bad really. If it is, call me and we'll meet up in the park and scare everyone out. OK?

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Yea, I think it will be pretty much the same as it hase been for the last few years. A bit more than the Oct of 2001 (the place was empty), but on par with last year, maybe a tad better.

The only ride I couldn't get on cos the line was just too long was Big Thunder, and well, that just will not a be any issue this year 'cos of being rehabed.

Plus, we don't gung-ho the parks anymore. Most of our time is spent on tours and PS. So we don't rush around and the crowds really only effect us when we have open time on the schedual to see attractions.

I'll help you scare people out of MK, that the one that is always full when we go, the other three are always empty, exspecially Epcot.

Have fun! Maybe we'll bump into each other, I'll be the one whereing an Akira t-shirt. :D

Upvote 0

careship

Deal....we'll have to make sure we run into eachother. We really put the fastpasses to use and had no trouble with anything there. We rode everything and many things over and over. We didn't have any wait even on M:S, but we got really lucky to get on. EPCOT was really quiet every time we were there. The biggest crowds we had was in AK and that's my favorite place anyways. We'll be a little slower this trip as we have friends coming along that haven't been there in 10 years or so. Alot for them to see that is new. But we don't plan on being with them all the time. That's too many boys at once for me. I have my two boys and she has 3 boys. It may get a little wild.

Upvote 0

Ergens2

Visits in October

We usually go in Oct. It has always been wonderful! Last year however we found it to be a zoo! MK was ok to visit early but look out around mid day! MGM was the same way. The only way to keep your head was to use fast pass! Future World was a delight as usual but don't get caught on the bridge heading over to World Showcase when they open. We almost got mobbed by the tons of people running (yes I really mean running!) to get over to get the Food and Wine Fest pins! I love October! But after last years trip we are rethinking going in Nov. from now on.

Shell.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom