Crowds in May

pixiedust2007

Hi everyone! I've been reading these boards for a long time, but this is my first post. I just booked a trip for May 13-19, 2007. Does anyone have any experience with the crowds and weather at this time?
Thanks!:wave:

nibblesandbits

I went two years ago in May...the 16-20. The crowds were moderate. We did have to wait around 45 min - 1 hr for some things. You will need to utilize FP in order to see everything as well.

The weather is nice during that time of year also. It gets a little warm, so you'll definitely need to wear shorts and T-shirts, and drink plenty of water. It only rained one day while we were there. So...not too bad.

All in all, it was a great time to go. Crowds were managable and the weather was fine.

Have a great time!!!

Upvote 0

mpoppins76

Hi everyone! I've been reading these boards for a long time, but this is my first post. I just booked a trip for May 13-19, 2007. Does anyone have any experience with the crowds and weather at this time?
Thanks!:wave:
Hiya! That's the weekend we're going too. Our theory was that a lot of people do vacations Memorial weekend so maybe the weekend before would be slowish. That and most schools are still on. *crosses fingers for theory*

Upvote 0

pixiedust2007

Original Poster
Thanks! :)
The past 3 years we went over Spring Break in Mid March and it was pretty crowded. We are hoping crowds are a little lighter this time. We were fine as long as we got to the parks at opening and got all the popular rides done early, but we were hoping it might be a little more relaxed this time.
Thanks again!

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Oh...it'll definitely be more relaxed than during Spring Break! Most kids are still in school then getting ready for finals...or they are graduating around that time of year...so they are still at home (or school).

You should definitely be able to manage better in May. Sure, there are crowds...I'm not gonna deny that...but it won't be total mayhem!

When we went, we got to the parks around 10:00-10:30 or so...and hung out all day...and we were able to do almost everything we wanted to by the time the parks closed each night. So you should be just fine.

Upvote 0

scampino

We usually go April/Early May and find everything not too crowded, just nice, you'll still have to wait though...but half the fun can be being part of a crowd as everyone seems to be enjoying themselves... most of the time :lol:
Plus the weather is quite good, went in June a couple of years ago and it rained solid for the week

Upvote 0

shurst

we went last year May 3-12 and it was awesome, one day of a few showers which turned to sun early.other than that right around high 80's low 90's for the entire trip, fairly comfortable. lines were so so, our longest wait was maybe a half hour, like said before work the fast pass system to your benifit and it will help greatly.compared to the trip we took in aug. 2004 it was night and day, comparing weather and crowds. we are going again this year may 11-19 and hope to have the same outcome as last year. good luck and have fun!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom