crowds in July....

lukacseven

The parks get pretty crowded. By "pretty crowded" I mean wait times for the major attractions can be anywhere from 1:45 to 2:30. Careful planning and taking advantage of things like early entry and Fastpass can help you to get to see and do almost everything in a full day, with only a few long waits.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I hope they don't suck too bad. I've always gone to Disney in February, May, September, or Novemeber. This is my first July trip. I hope they are not awful!

Upvote 0

awallaceunc

I've been told by many on here that it's really not too bad, with the exception of the day of and weekend of the 4th (3rd-5th), and really only in the MK. I'll be down there to, and am somewhat counting on this.

I'm also hoping that the fact that the 4th falls on a Sunday this year will pose a big benefit: Some people are going to be off work/school the week that ends w/ the 4th, and some will be off the week that begins w/ the 5th. That weekend will still catch traffic from both crowds, but I'm hoping it serves to split up the crowds during the weekdays of both weeks.

Expect MK to be especially crowded this year on 7/4: not only is the 4th July, it's also a weekend, and it's also an Extra Magic Hour day there. Tourism's up too... this could be a monstrously crowded MK 4th of July... but hey, that's half the fun right? (And from everything I've read, worth it, if you're willing to sacrifice some rides that day).

-Aaron

Upvote 0
Memorial Day and after, the parks are usuallly REALLY crowded as school in most places has let out. Also , the July 4th weekend can be a big mess, but it is to be expected, plan wisely and you will see most if not everything you want to see in one day since the park hours will be extended. After the 4th there are usually moderate crowds, about an Hour and Half wait for big attractions, utilize fastpass and everything should be ok.

Upvote 0

Lightyear

We go two weeks in July every year. It is very crowded but if your not commando type touring, it is fine. We tend to sleep in and avoid the early morning rush. We save major wait rides for e-ride or fastpass. Have fun!

Lightyear

Upvote 0

WDWEric

We went the week before the fourth (left july 5th) last year. crowds weren't too bad except MK July 4th. The main problem was the heat, it was very hot and humid, next time we go is going to be late summer early fall.

Upvote 0
I've pretty much only gone in June/July (except for my very first trip) so I can't really compare to other months. But to me, the crowds aren't intolerable. Expect some long waits, usually an hour and a half for the popular rides, rarely less and sometimes longer. The only thing that bothers me, and I don't know how it is for other months, but the tour groups really tick me off. They're big, loud and pushy. I have yet to see a tour group that won't shove you and your family out of the way to get on a ride first (like 4 people in front of them would make all the difference...)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We usually do July or August. The crowds are up, waiting times for some of the more popular rides can be 2 1/2 hrs or more & the weather is HOT & HUMID. If you take advantage of the Extra Magic Hour &/or E nights you'll need some type of break...whether thats an extended lunch in a Resort or back to your room for a nap/swim is up to you. Add in some time for the rainstorm every afternoon (break time for us). I've found if we take our time and keep hydrated we do ok.

Upvote 0

BrerPete

Wicked crowds. My first trip was in January. Were we ever spoiled. In addition to the normal crowd of summer visitors, there are also large "tour groups" from South America. I'm talking tour groups with like 200 teenage girls, running all over the place, taking up entire buses. The only negative thing I can ever say about Disney World is that everyone loves to go.

Upvote 0

tigger248

As everyone else has already said the crowds will be up just because it is summertime and prime vacation time. But even with the crowds it is still possible to see and do about everything. My family usually goes in the summer months June, July, or August and we always see everything we want to see and some things like the favorites 2 or 3 times. Try to avoid the holiday weekends like July 4 because that will be the most crowded, the magic kingdom usually closes to capacity. Use fast pass, extra magic hours, and e-rides and you'll do fine. Also expect a daily rainshower that usually lasts for like an hour or so. When I did my college program it rained like everyday for the summer. Even with rain, though, you can still do a lot like the indoor attractions or have a meal or something.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom