Crowds in February 2006

annamonte

Hi guys... usually I get all the information I need just searching the board... but I can't find anything on planning a trip for around President's week of 2006.

I am going to pull the kids out of school for a few days either before the week of school vacation or after. My question is, when is it the better time, less crowds?

Any input would be appreciated! Oh, and happy 5/5/05!! :wave:

islandbeachnut

Hi~ My family was vacationing in WDW this past February during President's week. We were there from the Wednesday before President's Day until the Wednesday after President's Day. I can tell you that the crowds arrived on that Sunday (the day before Presiden't Day) and continued to be the hugest crowds I've ever encountered at the Magic Kingdom. I hope that helps.

We will be LONG gone before the weekend of President's Day in 2006 - for sure!

Upvote 0

lcsrig

I've read that President's Day (Feb 20, 2006) is when the crowds starting coming back. Mardi Gras is the 28th of Feb, 2006. Half of South Louisiana, including us, will be with Mickey to find a family atmosphere. We've been three times for Mardi Gras: Mar 1-5, 2003, Feb 21-28, 2004 and Feb 6-12, 2005. We've never really had the bad crowds. Average wait time for big rides was about 30 minutes. Most times we walked right on. Beautiful weather!! Can't beat it!

Upvote 0

annamonte

Original Poster
CAPTAIN HOOK said:
:fork: - Sorry - completely disagree with this

Sorry you disagree... but my kids are still in 2nd and kindergarten, it seems ok to me!

Anyway, I wasn't asking if you thought it was ok, I was asking about crowd level... thanks! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Brent

I would pull them out for a full week & go the first week of feb. Hook my parents pulled me out of school all the time, only as i got older i had to get my homework done for that week before we left or bring it on the plane ect. This way you can have your work done & go at the times when its the least busy. I say either the first week of jan (2-?) or first week of feb. Trust me it doesn't hurt to take your kids out of school for a week. Remember to mention to the teachers even at that age all the things they will be learning about at epcot that should do it. ;-)

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

Brent said:
I would pull them out for a full week & go the first week of feb. Hook my parents pulled me out of school all the time, only as i got older i had to get my homework done for that week before we left or bring it on the plane ect. This way you can have your work done & go at the times when its the least busy. I say either the first week of jan (2-?) or first week of feb. Trust me it doesn't hurt to take your kids out of school for a week. Remember to mention to the teachers even at that age all the things they will be learning about at epcot that should do it. ;-)

Just had to add my 2 cents in- I totally agree with this- My parents pulled me out of school alot for trips to WDW- Now, I will say that they ok'd it with my teachers first and I normally had to do the classwork beforehand or during the trip. I also normally did a "special" project about a country (or all the contries) at Epcot (even when I was in 2nd grade I did a short essay about England...Just talk to the Cast members and such)

So I say go for it and have a great time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom