Crowds in December

TINKPINK

:D We are going to WDW on December 14-19. I was wondering what the crowds are like during this time and what clothes do I need to bring. Any help would be great!!! Thank You:xmas:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I would suggest bringing a couple of pairs of sweat pants and a fleece....something to keep you warm in the evenings and early mornings. It will warm up during the day.

Enjoy. Its a great time of year to go! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Marge10369

December is our favorite time to go. 12/14 - 12/19 crowds are not bad at all. As other posters have said be sure to bring a jacket & some long pants the temp. can really dip at night.

Have a great time and enjoy all the beautiful decorations!

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

Do like I do. Only bring clothes for warm weather. Then when it turns cold, you have no excuse not to buy that WDW jacket or sweatshirt you've been wanting! (Or two or three)

Upvote 0

eliopoulos@desp

Be prepared

We went last December at around the same time. The week before, the weather was 70s and 80s, so we brought shorts, t-shirts, etc.

The week we went, there was a cold front that came in and at night it dipped into the 40s. Needless to say, Disney got more of our money when we had to buy jackets, hats, gloves.

Keep an eye on the weather and bring a pullover just in case.

The crowds are extremely light, and I totally recommend doing the Magic Kingdom Christmas nights. For an additional fee, you can stay until midnight--most of the rides still run. There are additional shows and parades. Not to mention free cocoa and cookies! We loved it!

Upvote 0

swimmom

hcswingfield said:
We were there that time last year and it was more crowded than we expected. Especially evenings at MK and Epcot.
Is this the time when Pop Warner is there? (1st to 2nd week of December)

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

Must have been. There were lots of groups of school kids and girls with tortured hairdos just alike. Also, I heard from some CMs that many people who had their trips cancelled by last fall's hurricanes rescheduled for early December. The crowds weren't horrible, and the weather was pleasant, so it wasn't a bad time to be there. The holiday theming more than made up for the increase in crowds.

Upvote 0

shari71

We're going Dec 3-10. Only packing one pair of jeans and one sweatshirt. Heard it is nice in the day for shorts and t-shirts but chilly at night. Also gives me the excuse to buy the warm stuff I have been eyeing each year!

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

shari71 said:
We're going Dec 3-10. Only packing one pair of jeans and one sweatshirt. Heard it is nice in the day for shorts and t-shirts but chilly at night. Also gives me the excuse to buy the warm stuff I have been eyeing each year!

You can never have too many WDW sweatshirts and jackets!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom