Crowds from 3/17/19 to 3/19/19

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
I wanted to write up a little post on crowd levels on my most recent trip. I didn't want to go in to a full blown trip report as I don't really have the time. We went to Magic Kingdom Sunday, Epcot Monday, anMK again Tuesday. Overall I felt the crowds were pretty manageable. MK was not at all packed, busier than our weekend trip in January but still able to do plenty and many attractions multiple times. We did stay at Disney Springs and were able to book 60 days out so we had Fastpasses for Frozen and SDMT. Maybe the cooler weather and little bit of rain kept a lot of people away. Funny thing is I felt that Epcot was way more crowded than MK was. Maybe flower and garden people?

On Tuesday I was able to get fastpasses for lessor attractions one right after the other from about 1:30 to 4:00. Dumbo twice, teacups once, Barnstormer three times, and then laugh floor. So eight fastpasses in one day and we could have gotten more if we didn't have to leave and go back to the real world. We also met Cinderella and Elaina that day with about a 20 min wait. And also met goofy, Donald, Daisy and Pluto in very short lines.

The only rides we didn't do at MK were BTMM, Space Mountain, Aladin, Haunted Mansion, and Liberty Belle. We even saw the Tiki room, country bears and COP. We also watched the Band playing over by dumbo and the Flag retreat ceremony.

@Tuvalu and @Longers I think I'm abandoning counting BTMM rides this year and switching to Barnstormer. It is my sons new favorite! And I'm already up to three! LOL He will probably switch favorites the next time we are there. He still wont ride splash with me but did ride SDMT with his Mom. Said he liked the curvy part at the end!

Longers

I was there from 8th to 15th March and it was much busier than I had hoped - touring plans after each day had quite a few at level 10! I’m glad you were able to get on several rides.

We’re not counting BTMRR this year we were curious last year - glad you can start a countdown on barnstormer - that’s a fun little coaster - I might start my sister on that one when she gets her first visit to Disney in Aug.

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
I was there from 8th to 15th March and it was much busier than I had hoped - touring plans after each day had quite a few at level 10! I’m glad you were able to get on several rides.

We’re not counting BTMRR this year we were curious last year - glad you can start a countdown on barnstormer - that’s a fun little coaster - I might start my sister on that one when she gets her first visit to Disney in Aug.

When are you coming in Aug?

Longers

When are you coming in Aug?

19th Aug to 1sr Sept
I’m a bit freaked out about possible temperatures but my nephews can’t be taken out of school so it’s this or nothing.
It’s my sisters first holiday in 14 years. One of my nephews first holiday and another nephews first holiday since he was 2 and his now 15

It will certainly be different!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
19th Aug to 1sr Sept
I’m a bit freaked out about possible temperatures but my nephews can’t be taken out of school so it’s this or nothing.
It’s my sisters first holiday in 14 years. One of my nephews first holiday and another nephews first holiday since he was 2 and his now 15

It will certainly be different!
If I were you, I'd be more freaked out over the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opening on the 31st August.

Longers

If I were you, I'd be more freaked out over the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opening on the 31st August.

Not too worried about that as we are there for 2 weeks we’ll do HS early and won’t head back there!

My brother was really pleased though he wants to go to take a look but I’ve told him he will probably queue for hours just to get into the land and he could be on his own!

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
It will most deffenatly be hot! But we will probably be down there at some point during that time. I'll have to keep an eye our for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom