Crowds first wk of DECEMBER?

streudel423

Original Poster
We are going to DW the first week of December (2nd-9th). Anyone else been there around this time? If so, how were the crowds? Bus waiting times? Ride waiting times? etc....thanks!

sarabi

It's been a while... but I was working there the first week of December in 1999, and it was the best time I've had in the parks. The Christmas stuff is all up, but the parks weren't full yet and the weather was sunny, dry, and mild.
I think you'll love it.

DizneyPryncess

I went that exact same week last year for the first time. Crowds aren't too bad, especially for Mickey's Christmas Party. The crowds were exceptionally low the night I went. Most of the crowds gather for things like the lighting of trees, parades, and the candlelight processional.

Crowds for MGM's light show were probably the worst that we saw but after an hour the crowd disperses and it's not bad.

The ride wait lines varied, and weren't as crowded as the xmas events. Most we got on in 15-20 minutes or less, but some of the more popular & new rides like Soarin were an hour. Just get fast passes early in the day to rides such as that and you should be fine.

If there's a certain restaurant you want to eat at, make reservations. Almost all the character dinings & unique places were booked already when we got there, but I think it's like that all year. Have a good time =)

happymom52003

We went the same week last year and it was great. We walked onto alot of the rides most of the time, or had a short wait. The only exception was the weekend days at the MK...they were very crowded.

LoriMistress

You posted the same thing at another message board. This would be a bit ore appropriate at the Trip Planning thread. Pop Warner will be there during this time. Have fun.

bigkevvo

I went exactly the same two weeks last year, parks were fairly quiet, short queue times. If I remember correctly, there were no rehabs taking place either as everything was prepped for Christmas.

Went to MVMCP which was extremely quiet on the 4th December - would def recommend doing this, Wishes is shown with 180 degree fireworks which was fantastic!!

We stayed at the AKL and bus queues were non-existent! Weather was warm in the day but a bit chilly in the evening - but who cares - you're at WDW !!!

Hope this helps...:xmas:

Agree with what the others say!

I think it's THE BEST time of the year to go. Walk on most rides, decorations up, warm weather and Christmas music to get you in the mood. My wife and I love that time of year as you more or less can walk around the parks and just go on what you want as and when with no planning :animwink: . None of the making sure you hit 'the mountains' first thing or have to queue for an hour and a half later on etc.

I also find the streetmosphere characters in the studios at their best this time of year and with low crowds you get more personal interaction with them. The '12 days of Christmas' is one of the best skits ever :lol: .

Enjoy :wave:

doop

We were down back in '01 during the first week of December and the crowds were very light. I know that Pop Warner football was down during our visit, but I'm not sure how much it affected the crowds, because they were still very light.

Texas84

We go first or second week every December. Just avoid the extra hour days and you'll be very happy with the wait times. The Pop Warner kids are nowhere near as bad as the older cheerleaders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom