crowds and hours

theSnowman

I have been reading in various places that Disney, well Orlando in general, have been enjoying a very prosperous Spring Break. Additionally, I am going down May 5-16th and I have noticed that Disney has not yet posted May hours. I find this rather odd that May is 3 weeks away and no hours yet. I am wondering if the two are connected possibly. Anyone have any furher info? Thanks.

kal1484

The May hours are posted somewhere on this site....i remember seeing them...pm goofyteen, i know he has them somewhere...as for the crowds, there are MILLIONS of people here, i'm down here now and everything is packed! I've never seen it this busy. Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

LoriL

And if you call Disney they will give you the hours on the phone-- they just haven't updated their web site yet for some reason. many people have noted recently that Disney has expanded hours several times beyond what is posted-- in fact, today I saw on an intercot board that one of the drivers at WDW said that they opened today at 8:30 even though the schedule called for a 9am opening at MK. Apparently the crowds are still enormous this week after Easter (MK closed twice this week to ALL visitors, even resort guests!).

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Hey Lori, you said MK closed twice this week even to resort guests??? WOW! I am assuming this means that only the people that were already inside the park got to stay and that everyone else was turned away? Hope its not like that when we go! But I will be checking park hours daily even when we get there...I love to be there early :)

Upvote 0

LoriL

That's what the guy over on intercot said. He is (he says) a bus driver at WDW and that yesterday and the day before, the parking lots at MK were completely filled at 11am and that they had to close the park gates to everyone-- including resort guests (and he said that is not supposed to happen-- as a resort guest you are supposed to be guaranteed entry). I don't know when you are going, but I've heard that the week before and the week after Easter are some of the very busiest days at WDW, so if you are traveling after next week it shouldn't be bad. We are going 4/27. I also think that Disney would probably be posting longer hours of operation if they thought they were going to be inundated with larger crowds later this month. I also read somewhere that since Easter was so early this year, spring breaks were earlier too, and they expected crowds to drop off earlier in April for this reason. So I hope we are both fine!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom