Crowd Calendars

YoJDew

Hi All,

Touringplans.com just released crowd calendar updates for the week we are going to Disney World, and they've shot up dramatically, from 4 to 9 in some cases. Numbers generally increased from 5-6 to 8-9. I'm not all that concerned about it but I'm curious -- why such a huge increase for the week of August 15-22? I know there were discounts released recently but these are near-holiday levels and I'm surprised to see these numbers for mid-August. Any ideas?

DisneyJoe

They will usually make a blog post or two as to why, but my guess would be that Disney increased their park hours for that period; that signals that Disney is expecting more crowds.

Upvote 0

mbtohill

UGH! We are there 8/15-8/25 for our first August trip. Was hoping that with southern schools back in session crowds would be a bit lighter. All other crowd calendars still showing reasonable crowds. Fingers crossed it's not 8's and 9's

Upvote 0

Kate Alan

They did the same thing for my trip for this coming December. It may fluctuate yet again as it gets closer - I've had that happen before, where there was a sharp upturn in crowds and then it was adjusted again as the trip dates approached.

Upvote 0

disjr77

They did the same thing for my trip for this coming December. It may fluctuate yet again as it gets closer - I've had that happen before, where there was a sharp upturn in crowds and then it was adjusted again as the trip dates approached.

Did they adjust up or down? How close were they to the original numbers? more importantly, how accurate were they when you got there?

Upvote 0

Kate Alan

The first trip I used Touring Plans for shot up from 2's and 3's to 6's and 7's before settling back down between 2-4. This current trip I have planned just jumped from 2's and 3's to 8's in some cases. I expect it'll even out a bit at some point.

Try looking at what crowds were like the same time the previous year. Barring a huge on site event it'll likely be similar to what it was then. That's what I've found in any case.

Upvote 0

pajammies

Same thing here, I got the email this morning and I was upset as we plan our trip around low crowd levels. I posted on another board also and people posting several different trip dates noticed the same thing. It seems everybody's days went up by 2 crowd levels at most parks on most days. I hope it shifts back, a few of mine went up by 3 levels and that's a pretty big deal. I expected a couple to go up a little, but almost every single park and resort day went up.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Disney is just as popular as ever so crowds will continue to go up. Disney is doing an ok job with expanding the spread out the crowds. Still for me the best times to go are the end of April, beginning of December and early October.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom