credit cards

phmarsh

can I use my visa credit card at all of the eating establishements in all of the parks? I would think that the more expensive resaurants would take them, but I am more concerned with the hamburger stands like cosmic rays or electric umbrella? I am trying to get away from carrying cash or travelers checks. :confused:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Hi,

Credit cards are accepted at all sit-down and fast food restaurants in WDW. They are not accepted at the food carts though. I would still bring some cash and travelers checks (the safest way). You will need cash for tipping bellboys, etc.

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
If it is inside a building, they take credit cards.

Smaller karts in the parks are the ones which only take cash - most often the ones at MK.

The smaller ones will have a sign saying "Cash Only" in brass near the register.

-Rob

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by RobFL
Easiest way to tell:

See if the CM has a cash register or just a money box. Boxes don't take credit cards ;)

-Rob

A cash register doesn't mean credit cards are accepted either. I worked stands with registers and we didn't take credit cards.

Almost any outdoor cart selling food will NOT take credit cards. I can't think of any that do.

Also, not all stands will say cash only.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Originally posted by RobFL
If it is inside a building, they take credit cards.

Smaller karts in the parks are the ones which only take cash - most often the ones at MK.

The smaller ones will have a sign saying "Cash Only" in brass near the register.

-Rob

Do these carts accept Disney Dollars?:confused:

Upvote 0

tybroid59

Right so credit cards for sit downs and shops with a roof.

Cash for those with out.

Travellers cheques are these excepted at carts ?

This hading over travellers cheques is new to me ......do i have to have ID ?

:hammer:

Upvote 0

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by tybroid59
Right so credit cards for sit downs and shops with a roof.

Cash for those with out.

Travellers cheques are these excepted at carts ?

This hading over travellers cheques is new to me ......do i have to have ID ?

:hammer:

Traveler's Checks are pretty much treated like cash. More than likely, the place where you are getting them from [bank, travel agent, etc] will ask you to sign one of the two signature blanks there in front of them. When you then go to make a purchase with them, the cashier will ask you to sign the second line in front of them...both signatures should match [or come awfully close]. I think it would be wise to have a photo ID on hand as I am no longer sure if one is needed when cashing in the traveler's checks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom