Courtyard by Marriott at WDW

cseajs

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Courtyard by Downtown Disney. If so how were the rooms and did the busing work well to the park using the downtown disney busses. I am trying to decide between staying at the Courtyard for $20.03 a night according to mousesavers.com or stay at the All-Stars Movies for $69.

ncgolfer

The Courtyard is a decent hotel to stay in. I received a $25.00 rate in 2001, but all the rooms that cheap were facing away from downtown disney and toward the interstate. The rooms were marginally clean and just in need of a refurbishment. The restaurant on site was pretty good and reasonably priced. The provided bus transportation was less than stellar. The same buses pick up at all seven of the DTD hotels and were usually late and most of the time full. You have about 5 stops at other resorts after you leave the Courtyard. It took at least an hour to get to most parks on the DTD resort buses. We usually walked to Downtown Disney and hopped the Disney buses to get to the parks. IF you don't plan to spend much time in your room I would go with the Courtyard but if you do I would look elsewhere for a room.

Maria

I can´t believe that hotel is so cheap! The location is very good and the hotel is I think less than 3 years old! I am not surprised about the deal with transportation, you are better with a car if you are not in a Disney hotel but the rent of one could tie in with the cost of staying at the All Stars, so... *shrugs* :animwink:

mightyduck

I don't know how many people you need to accommodate, but you can rent a car for about $125 a week from Dollar, and they have a service desk right there at the Courtyard. Depending on the length of your stay, it would still be cheaper than All Stars. I think the hotel has nicer accommodations that All Stars does, FWIW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom