Cost and savings with AP?

MinnieMe

Hi, all. I'm spending way too much of my time here since I discovered you all, but we all know you can't spend too much time planning your next WDW vacation!

I have a question about the AP. Where is the place to get one for the best price - AAA? And what sorts of discounts could I expect on resorts, etc. We're going in Oct/Nov. I understand that there only needs to be one AP holder in the party to get most discounts; is that correct?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Moustronaut

Well I believe all the prices are the same on the Annual Pass where ever you buy them from. AAA no longer offers the AP at a discounted rate. I don't think there's a discount if you buy one in advance vs. at the gate.

As far as discounts on rooms... they are usually about 35-40% off the rack rate on the rooms. October is regular season pricing, November is value season... so november will be cheaper.

And yes, you only need one person with an AP to get the discount.

Upvote 0

wolf29

Mousesavers.com has a good breakdown of whether an AP is right for you. You get discounts of up to 45% on rooms, depending on availabilty and season. Basically, if you are going to be in WDW for 7 or 8 days total in a year, they are a great deal. only one person in your party needs to have one to book a room. They also offer many other discounts on meals shopping rental cars etc. Check out Disney's website for a listing of Passholder discounts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom