Cosmic Rewind VQ

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
We'll be in Epcot tomorrow and are purchasing Genie+ to stack for the evening but not planning to purchase any ILLs. We aren't sure what time we will make it to the park yet - we are planning on spending the late afternoon and evening there and we are Deluxe resort guests and tomorrow is an extended evening hours. Cosmic Rewind is a must for most people in our party.

What is the best plan for getting a VQ (or two)? Try at 7am and just hope for a late return time? Only try for the 1pm drop? Do we need to be in the park for the 1pm drop? If we get a 7am or 1pm VQ, can we also get a VQ for the extended evening hours? Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
We'll be in Epcot tomorrow and are purchasing Genie+ to stack for the evening but not planning to purchase any ILLs. We aren't sure what time we will make it to the park yet - we are planning on spending the late afternoon and evening there and we are Deluxe resort guests and tomorrow is an extended evening hours. Cosmic Rewind is a must for most people in our party.

What is the best plan for getting a VQ (or two)? Try at 7am and just hope for a late return time? Only try for the 1pm drop? Do we need to be in the park for the 1pm drop? If we get a 7am or 1pm VQ, can we also get a VQ for the extended evening hours? Thanks!
Try at 7am.

It doesn’t matter what time your group is called, you can be hours late to Guardians and still be let through.

To try at 1pm you must have tapped in to Epcot. You don’t have to still be there though.

If you are eligible for extended evening hours, and have a valid ticket, you can try for a second VQ at 6pm. You don’t need to have tapped into Epcot.

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
Try at 7am.

It doesn’t matter what time your group is called, you can be hours late to Guardians and still be let through.

To try at 1pm you must have tapped in to Epcot. You don’t have to still be there though.

If you are eligible for extended evening hours, and have a valid ticket, you can try for a second VQ at 6pm. You don’t need to have tapped into Epcot.
Super helpful, thank you!

StarWarsGirl

Adding to what was said above, you can get in the VQ twice if you have EE. So you can do it at 7 am and again at 6 pm

I find that the 1 pm group is easier to get into than 7 am. The 7 am one stays open for less than 5 seconds typically while the 1 pm group typically stays open anywhere from 30 seconds to hours afterward. But if this is a must-see, then go for the 7 am. They are not strict about you returning within the hour for Cosmic Rewind, so if you get boarding group 1 or something, don't feel like you have to rush*.

I use a different watchface on my Fitbit that shows seconds, and then once it's 4-5 seconds before the hour, I refresh the app. I've missed it before refreshing right at the hour, so this is my recommended way of getting it.

*This is only true of Comic Rewind. At Tron, my understanding is that any early boarding group times would be honored within the first two hours of park opening. After that, there's a 15 minute grace period and that's it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom