Coronado Springs Resort - Good or Bad?

AJScooch

Staying at CSR in August for 2 weeks. Never stayed there before so we decided to try it. What should we know about the resort? Did we make a good choice?

devoy1701

it's all personal taste...but this was my least favorite moderate resort for 3 main reasons:

1) being that it's a convention center hotel and the convention center is attached to the main building where the food court and stores are, it makes the walk to the main building alot longer for many of the rooms.

2) Most of the buildings there are 3 or 4 stories where I've noticed the other Mods are 2 or 3...meaning alot less concentration of rooms in one area and less stairs for me to climb if i'm not on the first floor. Less rooms in one area makes for a slightly quieter resort.

3) the food court is not a simple counter service food court so they automatically include a service charge, and the prices are higher than those at CBR...i actually pulled up the CBR menu on Allears.net while standing infront of the CSR Food court menu and there was a $2-3 difference in prices for things like burgers and salads.

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

Stayed at Coronado Springs in Dec 2008. I was great! The only thing is the size of the resort. Plan to walk. Food court had great food but was a little difficult at times. The bus service was outstanding but maybe this was because it was before the Christmas Rush.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just got back from a weekend at CS and I loved it. It very well might be dethroning PORS as our favorite resort. We were in building 7A, which is pretty much as far away from the main building as you can get, and the walk to and from the main building was 15 minutes round trip. While this is a longer walk than you will have at all the other resorts save for CBR it is far from a deal breaker. The rooms have recently been refurbed and have incredibly comfortable queen size beds and a very elegant somewhat minimalistic decor. The landscaping is simply incredible with large amounts of rock work, cacti and a plethora of yucca type plants. We saw very little of the convention crowd but it was Memorial Day weekend. About the only con I had about the place was the food court. The food was fine and on par with the other food courts but the price was around 20%-30% higher.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

I just got back from a weekend at CS and I loved it. It very well might be dethroning PORS as our favorite resort. We were in building 7A, which is pretty much as far away from the main building as you can get, and the walk to and from the main building was 15 minutes round trip. While this is a longer walk than you will have at all the other resorts save for CBR it is far from a deal breaker. The rooms have recently been refurbed and have incredibly comfortable queen size beds and a very elegant somewhat minimalistic decor. The landscaping is simply incredible with large amounts of rock work, cacti and a plethora of yucca type plants. We saw very little of the convention crowd but it was Memorial Day weekend. About the only con I had about the place was the food court. The food was fine and on par with the other food courts but the price was around 20%-30% higher.

and this is probably the biggest reason why i do not like this resort. GF and i spend alot of time at the resorts during our stay and there is no reason for the increased prices at that food court when it is the same quality you get at any of the other food court. 20-30% is a big deal...especially over a 2 week period like the OP's vacation.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
and this is probably the biggest reason why i do not like this resort. GF and i spend alot of time at the resorts during our stay and there is no reason for the increased prices at that food court when it is the same quality you get at any of the other food court. 20-30% is a big deal...especially over a 2 week period like the OP's vacation.
This was a big turn off for me as well but truth be told we spend very little time in the food courts. We either grab and go or we do a sit down. The only reason I went was basically for research for the KK gig. I had not been to the food court at CS in 8 years and wanted a fresh perspective for my clients.

Upvote 0

Rob562

A tip for the OP about the Pepper Market food court at CSR:

You can avoid the "service charge" at the Pepper Market by getting your order To-Go. Just tell the greeter that you'll be taking your food to-go, and they'll give you a special card. (Also make sure to tell the people at the food stations to package it up).

You can then take your food outside to the tables near the lake, into the courtyard between El Centro and Casitas 1, to the pool or back to your room.

-Rob

Upvote 0

devoy1701

You can avoid the "service charge" at the Pepper Market by getting your order To-Go. Just tell the greeter that you'll be taking your food to-go, and they'll give you a special card. (Also make sure to tell the people at the food stations to package it up).

You can then take your food outside to the tables near the lake, into the courtyard between El Centro and Casitas 1, to the pool or back to your room.

-Rob

The actual price of the food will still be higher than what you see at other resort food courts however.

Upvote 0

allgar

I enjoyed it

I enjoyed it, stayed there for 9 nights back in May 2007.

We only ate on resort once and the restaurant was a very neat multi-station set-up. I've never gone to any other "food courts" in the other resorts so maybe it's the same everywhere. That said, I was able to get a decent steak and some nice side dishes and dessert. Don't remember the price being outrageous.

I liked my room, but found the theming to be a little dull for my overall taste. We used the pool once and it was nice, but that's about all we ever do at resorts. So for me, a resort is mostly about the comfort of the rooms and the theming. This one was nice not incredible.

I'll be trying POR for the first time this year and look forward to what I hear is better theming.

All in all, CSR was good, and I would recommend a stay there if you haven't tried it.

I NEVER recommend eating on resort if you can avoid it, but that's just my two cents. Food is good but pretty much always going to be more expensive then eating off resort. That said, if you don't have a rental vehicle I can see how it could be difficult to get off resort.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

I enjoyed it, stayed there for 9 nights back in May 2007.

We only ate on resort once and the restaurant was a very neat multi-station set-up. I've never gone to any other "food courts" in the other resorts so maybe it's the same everywhere. That said, I was able to get a decent steak and some nice side dishes and dessert. Don't remember the price being outrageous.

I liked my room, but found the theming to be a little dull for my overall taste. We used the pool once and it was nice, but that's about all we ever do at resorts. So for me, a resort is mostly about the comfort of the rooms and the theming. This one was nice not incredible.

I'll be trying POR for the first time this year and look forward to what I hear is better theming.

All in all, CSR was good, and I would recommend a stay there if you haven't tried it.

I NEVER recommend eating on resort if you can avoid it, but that's just my two cents. Food is good but pretty much always going to be more expensive then eating off resort. That said, if you don't have a rental vehicle I can see how it could be difficult to get off resort.

The only thing I have to say about this is you are missing out on so much if you always choose to not eat at the restaurants on property. They contain some of the best dining experiences I've ever had. I hope you're not saying that you don't ever take the time to make ADRs for some of the fabulous restaurants on property!

Upvote 0

rpk4444

I've only stayed at CSR once and it was fine. I picked a good time to go because there weren't any conventions. I have heard nightmare stories about stays there during conventions.
The food court is great and the main pool is also great.

Enjoy

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

Okay here is our take on the resort.

Good:

1) Agreed the lanscaping is very nice and pleasent
2) The themed Pool Area was great and loved the water slide
3) I felt the main Resteraunt was good. Thought the meals and service was good at this resort
4) Rooms were very nice but was not our style

Bad:

1) Experienced two conventions while staying there and one night had to put up with a loud obnoxious drunk while walking back to our room
2) Due to all the Bussinessman at the convention it did not make us feel like we got away from everything completely.
3) It was a long walk back to our room in building seven. You only hate it when it is late at night and your tired.
4) Due to being so far away from the lobby we did not go into the gift shop as much or look around as we would in PORS, WL, CB and Poly.

Out of all the moderates this is our least favorite. PORS still is our favorite to stay at followed by CB.

Upvote 0

mp2bill

I liked it because it is the most centrally located resort to all the parks. I do agree though, it is quite the large resort and takes a while to walk from end to end.

Upvote 0

bhg469

-Rob

My name is also Rob and I also agree with this guy

I just booked CSR last night for our trip in october The food court is much better food than most people are saying. The choices are different than other resorts and in a good way. I sometimes crave market nachos. The resort is big but there are things in place to help you get around. The busses for example will always stop at the main building last so if you need to get to the front you just hop in a bus and it brings you to the main building. When you need to go back take a downtown disney bus because they stop at the main building first. On a side note this resort is much quieter than any other moderate because of the convention center. Lots of adults and feels more mature. I cant wait to go again.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Very good! CSR has great transportation to the parks, queen beds, lcd tvs and many deluxe amenities at a mod price. Check out my site for more detailed info.

WDW has many convention resorts, the GF, Cont, Y&BC, BW and Swan and Dolphin. In 11 trips, I've never had a bad encounter with a convention. They usually help keep the buses and pools less crowded.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My name is also Rob and I also agree with this guy

I just booked CSR last night for our trip in october The food court is much better food than most people are saying. The choices are different than other resorts and in a good way. I sometimes crave market nachos. The resort is big but there are things in place to help you get around. The busses for example will always stop at the main building last so if you need to get to the front you just hop in a bus and it brings you to the main building. When you need to go back take a downtown disney bus because they stop at the main building first. On a side note this resort is much quieter than any other moderate because of the convention center. Lots of adults and feels more mature. I cant wait to go again.
You are correct that the foot court has much better choices for lunch and dinner but when it comes to breakfast the prices are quite high for the exact same food served at the other moderates.

At the pepper market the All American Breakfast (Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes, Bacon or Sausage, and choice of Biscuit or Muffin) is $9.99 + a 10% service charge.
At the Riverside Mill the Breakfast Platter (scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage and a biscuit) is $6.29.

With a family of 4 that is more than an extra $18.00 for the exact same food.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom