Coral Reef engagement, bad idea?

crassmonkey

Original Poster
I am planning to pop the question during our September trip to the world. I did some research and found the Coral Reef might be a cool place to do it (she loves sea life) After talking with the extremely helpful restaurant manager, we set up something to have one of the scuba divers come down with a "will you marry me" sign.
Has anyone else done this before? I have been reading and finding out that the Coral Reef doesn't rank too high in the restaurant list, but not really bad (average it seems). I guess I'm looking for advice on whether or not the Coral Reef is a good enough restaurant to do all this, or if anyone else has had a good engagement experience there.
Thanks

Clotho

I think it's a great idea. And I have been watching the Coral reef reviews closely myself since we are going in September, and the general consensus is that the menu has gotten more limited, but the service and quality has gone up (might be related, ya know). And more people are having stellar experiences again. So I think it will be perfect all the way around.

Early congrats!

kybred72

I LOVE the idea! Esp since you're incorporating an interest of hers...sealife. I've not yet eaten at Coral Reef but I think that the atmosphere of the aquarium, dim lighting and getting engaged will make up 10 fold for lack of good food, that's IF the food is even bad. some people seem to love it, others, not so much.

I say DO IT!

maybe I'll see you in Sept! We've got ressies for Coral Reef in Sept

Best of luck to you!~

Teenchy

I also think its a great idea. It is always great to make it personal to you and your future bride. If she loves "sealife' what better way other than you being in the tank!...but then you couldnt hear her say yes!:lol:

The food is ok, not 5 star in anyway but that is really secondary to the big event. Many people get engaged at dinner at the Royal Table resturant in the castle and honestly the food is only ok there as well (IMHO) but again its secondary to why you are really there.

This and your wedding are supposed to be a once in a lifetime thing....so it should be special. Believe me we pulled out all the stops for our WDW Wedding this past December, and it has given us memories for a lifetime. (If you like.. read our details in the link of my signature)

Let us know how it goes....Good luck and Congrats!:sohappy:

MPitzen

I think this is a wonderful idea... my fiance actually did something similar to this, not quite the proposal... he did it to throw me off the track that he was going to propose. Anyways...

The coral reef is my Favorite restaurant at disney. We go there Every time, even if we're only there for a day or weekend trip. The food is by no means on the level of Victoria and Alberts, but it is Very Good. I love all of their seafood and and their filet mignon is really good too. The chocolate wave dessert (which you will probally get for free to celebrate your occassion) is very good too.

Good Luck and Congratulations!!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom