Coral Reef Dinner/Lunch Menus

arequipa

Original Poster
Disney called and told us that they were canceling our reservations for dinner at Coral Reef due to some "special event" that must be more important than the hard earned dollars that I am going to spend there. They moved us to a lunch reservation. There were no other dinner times available that fit our schedule. Looks like more sandwiches and less seafood offerning at lunch. Does anyone know if you can order off the dinner menu at lunch?

callie828

I'm surprised that Disney would bump ADRs like that, but I suppose they would rather call you and switch your res than not be able to accommodate you when you show up. Weird.

Anyway, I worked at the Coral Reef up until the end of October and the lunch menu varies only very slightly from the dinner menu. There are no sandwiches, save for the open faced barbecue salmon "sandwich" and the lobster salad "sandwich", but they are not typical sandwiches. Coral Reef is considered fine dining, so the presentation is much different than what you'd expect.

As well as those "sandwiches", much of the dinner menu is served at lunch in smaller portions for smaller prices, like Grilled Mahi, Blackened Catfish, NY Strip Steak, Prime Rib, and Grilled Chicken. There are only a handful of dinner entrees that aren't on the lunch menu. But unfortunately you won't be able to order them at lunchtime.

If I remember correctly, the appetizers are mostly the same for lunch and dinner (order the creamy lobster soup. it's a do-not-miss in my opinion) and the desserts are the same at lunch as at dinner.

I hope this helps. :)

Callie

natalia1681

That is very unfortunate that they cancelled your ADR, but it is still good that you can get in for lunch. We really enjoyed our Coral Reef experience when we went in Sept. We had to wait quite a bit for our ADR because they were running behind, but the food was worth it. I also really enjoyed the atmosphere! I hope that you have a nice time!:wave:

RonAnnArbor

I'm not at all surprised at the cancellations at the Coral Reef - especially as they open a new ride in the building and have special guest events, as well as holiday events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom