CoP music theme...Am I crazy?

Gustavo

Original Poster
Hello everybody... Some days ago I downloaded the musci theme of CoP and I was surprised to noticed that it was complitely diferent from the music I remembered...in fact , the last time I rode CoP was 9 years ago, so I might be wrong. The music I remeber hearing at the time was something like this : "Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of our lives...", but in the download file it was something like: "Oh there is a great big beautiful tomorrow, rising in the end of everyday..." Am I crazy or did the music theme really change. If it did, why have they changed it?
Thanks
Gustavo
PS. Is CoP still open?

foxfire

Now Is The Best Time (also by the Sherman brothers)..was used when the CoP was in the parks. In 1994, the show was updated with a new final scene, and they returned to Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow as the theme song.

General Grizz

Thanks, foxfire. Here's some additional info:

World's Fair - 1964/5: Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Disneyland - 1966-1970?: Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Walt Disney World - 1975-1993: Now Is the Time
Walt Disney World - 1994-Present: Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Next year makes 10 years of the return of the original song. :)

foxfire

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Thanks, foxfire. Here's some additional info:

World's Fair - 1964/5: Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Disneyland - 1966-1970?: Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Walt Disney World - 1975-1993: Now Is the Time
Walt Disney World - 1994-Present: Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Next year makes 10 years of the return of the original song. :)

Thanks for the exact dates on the song...I wasn't sure of the exact switch to NITBT.

Gustavo

Original Poster
Thank you!

Thank u very much Foxfire and grizzlyhall. Now a question for u: Wich song do u prefer? Now is the best time or Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow?

BRER STITCH

I prefer "Now is the Time".....

I think mainly because that is what was being used the first time I saw it.

Both are fun songs, but I like the immediacy of "NOW" versus the procastinatory "TOMORROW"!

:lol:

RPMdfw

I prefer "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".

That song just seems to me to embody Walt's conviction that with hard work today, the future holds untold potential.

General Grizz

GBBT was Walt's indirect "Motto"...probably next to "Feed the Birds" - hearing it always brightens me up.

"Now is the Time" is more fun...but GBBT actually embodies the Disney spirit, I think.

aim

I prefer "Now is the Time". Mostly because it is what I remember when I was younger. When the "magic" was SOOOOO awesome. (not sayin it's not now, but you know). :p

aim

Originally posted by mr snrub
Am i the only one a little bugged taht it goes 1900-1920-1940-2000??? (may have missed a year)

This has bugged me too. And how he never really changes :lookaroun Talk about magic! :lol: Just playin :wave:

JLW11Hi

I like both themes, but my favorite is GBBT, because of its classicness, its theme, and its connection to Walt. Ya gotta love the Sherman Bros! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom