CoP and TimeKeeper

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Does anyone have an answer as to why Disney opens and then shuts down CoP and TimeKeeper?

Oh -- just as a side note -- Maelstorm in Norway is closed for rehab -- but I think that's a different thread altogether :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
Does anyone have an answer as to why Disney opens and then shuts down CoP and TimeKeeper?

Oh -- just as a side note -- Maelstorm in Norway is closed for rehab -- but I think that's a different thread altogether :)

Cop because the motors are dying and they're trying to extend it's life...plus it gets almost no attendance in the offseason.

Timekeeper is a pure attendance thing...another attraction that only fills when the park is packed.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Re: Re: CoP and TimeKeeper

Originally posted by Fievel

Cop because the motors are dying and they're trying to extend it's life...plus it gets almost no attendance in the offseason.

Timekeeper is a pure attendance thing...another attraction that only fills when the park is packed.

Would it be feasible for Disney to replace the motors on CoP or just get rid of the attraction altogether?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Re: Re: Re: CoP and TimeKeeper

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer

Would it be feasible for Disney to replace the motors on CoP or just get rid of the attraction altogether?

The way I understand it is that the motors are simply HUGE and that you'd have to tear out a large part of the ride to replace what needs fixing.

If they are going to tear it out partly, I don't see a replacement. Once it dies, it'll be the end of CoP.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: CoP and TimeKeeper

Originally posted by Fievel

The way I understand it is that the motors are simply HUGE and that you'd have to tear out a large part of the ride to replace what needs fixing.

If they are going to tear it out partly, I don't see a replacement. Once it dies, it'll be the end of CoP.

Well, the reason why I asked is because I've only seen CoP once and that was back in 1991? (around there.. not sure). I'd like to see it again before they take it down or *IF* they take it down.

Lord Alfred

As sad as it is and as much as we hate to see it go, CoP will eventually have to be retired. I only hope that at least some of this "Walt" project is kept and displayed somehow.

It would make a lot of sense to open up a Disney Parks/Imagineering museum of sorts at MGM. They could fill it with all sorts of models, working animatronics from years gone by, photos, blueprints and all sorts of things from the various attractions that have been built and closed down in the past. Perhaps a section devoted to things that were scrapped or never built.

Since the Disney Parks focus on "show" it would fit perfectly in MGM.

I just think I would feel a lot better if there were some small part of CoP, Kitchen Kabaret, or Horizons on display that I could go see and admire.

yankeeboy1638

I think that instead of just getting rid of the CoP, Disney should just move it over to the park where it seems to fit into the theme better than in Tomorrowland-Epcot. They should build a new theatre in one part of the Innoventions buildings (as there is alot of empty space in those buildings) and move it there. Therefore, Epcot can get a "new" attraction and the CoP will benefit by the higher audiences it may get in the middle of Epcot instead of in a corner of Tomorrowland. A few updates to the show couldn't hurt either....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom