COP and TimeKeeper will be opened

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Good Afternoon this just came into the labs hot off the wire from a good CM friend

Carousel of Progress and The Timekeeper open from March 23 to April 6

Please be aware that the Carousel of Progress and The Timekeeper will be open for our Guests from March 23 through April 6. The Carousel of Progress will be open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and The Timekeeper will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Just thought I would pass on the news

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

bossmsx

Is that actually Robin Williams as the voice of "Timekeeper", or are they using a soundalike of Robin? From seeing the video I can't make up my mind.

Disney4648

YES!!!! I will be in WDW during that time for Spring Break and this is really goof news for my vacation....oh and when did it close?

DLMAGICDARREN

They are open, I went on both today :)

No decesion has been made beyond this two week run. I think it's a matter of confirming the projected crowds actually do come.

I can tell you today they were there! The park was packed. I only rode Splash and Big Thunder, before I gave up on Etickets, spent a couple hours on Tom Sawer Island, then went to Tomorrowland to confirm these opend.

Then I went to MGM, same crowds were there. I'm not complaining, I am glad, it's really what Disney needed!

DLMAGICDARREN

The crowds in general, or for the specific attractions COP and TImekeeper?

Unfortunately, both attractions were a walk on, COP being even less crowded then Timekeeper. The COP theater was about 25% full as normal, for some reason most guests just don't know what it is or care to see it. Of course this is just one example on one day, so hopefully what I saw is not the normal.

But I can tell you while COP and Timekeeper were walk ons, Alien Encounter's line was longer then I've ever seen. Buzz was a 70 minute wait for stand by.

But it thrills me to know both attractions have at least yet not been touched in any way, so they can't reamain seasonal attractions, that's definately better then closing them for good.

DLMAGICDARREN

it was about noon, the height of peak time. I'll go again either tomorrow or Thursday, so I'll see if it's a pattern. I'd really like to see crowds poor into the attraction, but unfortuanately most guests are on vacation, and don't have a clue it's normally closed, so they don't rush over to it, realizing it's something only available during this time.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Unfortunately, Timekeeper was closed during my mid-Jan 02 visit to WDW. I'm at a loss as to why this attraction does not draw the crowds it deserves. Is it the name? Is it the countdown clock discouraging potential guests who don't want to stick around and wait? Or is it the fact that you have to remain standing during the presentation? From what I read, the Disney Paris version always attracts crowds. I can't figure out the problem here. True, I've always had a tough time getting my daughters to go into the TK, but once they're in, they love it. Robin Williams and Rhea Pearlman are hilarious and the animatronic TK is amazing (as is SIR across the Ave. of the Planets at AE) Maybe if the attraction greeters ( who all look like they've been exiled to Alcatraz ) would liven up a bit (make it an unofficail competition to see how many guests each castmember could put through the turnstiles during their rotation), and the entryway were spiced up, the thing wouldn't be closed 350 days of the year. And hey, if people are worried about the 18 minute stand, suggest they take a trip on the TTA afterward. That's always my favorite place to take a load off. Maybe the lights will be on in Space Mountain.

DLMAGICDARREN

Went again today, the park was packed, but I have a feeling it is the doom for COP and Timekeeper.

The Tomorrowland board reads something like this

Space Moutain wait 1 hour 30 minutes
Buzz Lightyear wait 1 hour
Astro Orbiter wait 45 minutes
Alien Encounter wait 1 hour
Indy Speedway wait 1 hour

Tomorrowland Transit Authority, no wait ride it now
Careosel of Progress, no wait ride it now
Timekeeper, no wait ride it now

Unfortunatly, the public just isn't going on TimeKeeper or COP. It's very sad, but it's what's happening. I kind of think Disney will analize these numbers and act accordingly.

I for one am going on COP one more time tomorrow, for fear it will be the last chance I ever get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom