Coordinating kids clothes to whatever you are doing that day?

TrentMom

Original Poster
Hi all. I was just sitting here bored and thought I start a new topic. I was wondering if any other parents there dress their little kids in clothes that go with what they are doing that day?

For our trip this past May, I put my son in a "cars" outfit for MGM, a Mickey outfit for our dinner at Chef Mickeys, a pair of green shorts and a Pooh environment shirt for Animal Kingdom....etc....

Am I the only strange parent out there??

Under 450 days to go til next trip!!!
Trentmom:xmas:

raven

I was wondering if any other parents there dress their little kids in clothes that go with what they are doing that day?

Nope, just you. :p

Only kidding. I don't have kids but I'm sure I would do this if I did have them.

On a side note, when I was a camp councilor years ago I had my 3 little cousins in my cabin as campers. Their mom put all of their clothes in baggies labled with the days of the week on them. This way they could all match. I tried to get them to wear Wednesday's clothes on Monday but they wouldn't. It's like they were brainwashed to match each other every day of the week!

Please don't tell me that you're one of these moms. :lookaroun

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Yes, absolutely! You are the only strange parent out there!

:lol:

j/k

I dress DS [and myself :lookaroun] for the "theme" of the day when I can. He's usually pretty cool with it, but sometimes I get the "DDaaaaad! :rolleyes:" and know I've gone overboard... :eek:

CelticRose

I was thinking the same thing for my grandson, it would be great especially for the pictures that will be taken for the scrapbook pages that will be made after our trip in May. It would be cute, a picture of him in his Cars outfit with Mater or Speed McQueen in the picture.

I know I have seen numerous families in the parks all with matching shirts on, I guess that way they could spot each other better if they were seperated.

So I say go for it, have fun, it will certainly be a great memory, especially when he gets older.

scorp111

We do this as well.

It was great at DL in the spring. We would get DD(3) and DS(7months now - 4 months then) dressed up and ready to go. Inevitably, before breakfast was finished, he would have an "accident" and need to be changed, outfit included.

Finally like on the 4th day, we realized we should take the picture beforebreakfast!

TrentMom

Original Poster
Nope, just you. :p

Only kidding. I don't have kids but I'm sure I would do this if I did have them.

On a side note, when I was a camp councilor years ago I had my 3 little cousins in my cabin as campers. Their mom put all of their clothes in baggies labled with the days of the week on them. This way they could all match. I tried to get them to wear Wednesday's clothes on Monday but they wouldn't. It's like they were brainwashed to match each other every day of the week!

Please don't tell me that you're one of these moms. :lookaroun

No, I am not one of those moms..:p ...I just thought it would be fun for taking pictures, like some of the other posters said......

TrentMom

Original Poster
I was thinking the same thing for my grandson, it would be great especially for the pictures that will be taken for the scrapbook pages that will be made after our trip in May. It would be cute, a picture of him in his Cars outfit with Mater or Speed McQueen in the picture.

I know I have seen numerous families in the parks all with matching shirts on, I guess that way they could spot each other better if they were seperated.

So I say go for it, have fun, it will certainly be a great memory, especially when he gets older.

I wanted to get matching shirts for myself, my dh and ds just for one day...but dh refused...party pooper:lol:

natalia1681

My mom would dress me and my little brother in matching outfits. It's funny looking back on it now but at the time, I'm sure I thought it was so cool:lol:

GenerationX

At WDW, we always dress our three sons in matching shirts. If we're going to meet Goofy that day, they'll wear their Goofy shirts. Nemo shirts = Living Seas. Etc.

Mostly we have them wearing matching shirts because they outnumber us, and we need every advantage we can get in keeping track of them!

Trishnh

yup, I definitely dress my kids for the 'theme' of the day:D ..It makes scrapping the pictures so much easier and the pictures look better;)

sweetale

My mom would dress me and my little brother in matching outfits. It's funny looking back on it now but at the time, I'm sure I thought it was so cool:lol:
My mom used to do that to me and my big brother too! In fact, there is a pic with me and my bro in matching outfits with figment and dreamfinder. Classic :) .
I think dressing your kids for the theme of the day is cute, and if I had kids I'd probably do the same.
~Amy

pinkrose

I do that as well. Not as much as I used to (they are getting older now ..ages 9 and 11 -will be 12 in Nov). They have PoTC shirts to wear one day at MK, and I've ordered the whole family a navy blue Mickey Polo to wear one day (DH doesn't know about this yet :lookaroun ) . Since they are older, I'm not too sure about any other themes except for AK. I'll have to go shopping. I also plan to order my daughter and I matching Disney Christmas somethings (waiting for them to come out) for Tea at the GF. We'll also probably wear matching shirts for MVMCP.

If things don't match, I'll at least do clothes that will compliment each other for photos. DH plans to wear his WDW tye-dyed t-shirts during the trip (so he won't be coordinated except for the days we wear the navy shirts. lol).

scorp111

They have PoTC shirts to wear one day at MK, and I've ordered the whole family a navy blue Mickey Polo to wear one day (DH doesn't know about this yet :lookaroun ) .

I just did the same thing for our upcoming trip, except I will be in Navy, and the ladies will be in lavender.:)

DWGIRL

I dress my four kids alike or coordinating for the theme that day. The pictures look better and it is easier to spot them all in a crowd. We always get a lot of compliments for it too.

pinkrose

I just did the same thing for our upcoming trip, except I will be in Navy, and the ladies will be in lavender.:)

I almost got the guys navy and my daughter and I the lavender. I finally just decided on all navy. lol Glad to see I'm not the only one! :wave:

SewIn2Disney

Heh.....I'm 23, and a few weeks ago when we were there we all dressed in matching shirts. My sister is 17, and even she went with it for a day.
We got those shirts from the disneystore.com that has the four characters represented in the shape of balls. The ladies were all hot pink, and my dad was teal. Admittedly, it made for a cute photopass pic in front of SSE.

As far as myself, I do match my outfit to the park. I wear my Mickey board shorts to MK, Khaki and green to AK, my space suit to Epcot......

For those of you willing to match the whole family to the park, the Incredible's shirts look cool at MGM. I saw quite a few matchy matchy families taking pictures with the Incredibles in the Animation Studio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom