Cookes of Dublin Sign Removed

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
I do not know how long the sign has been missing, but I noticed its absence today. Likely just getting spruced up, but I found it interesting.
IMG_4913.jpeg

AndyS2992

Was going to ask if the fish and chips here is authentic, but Google'd pics and no, not it isn't, just processed frozen oven style chips, just like the place at Epcot. Is there anywhere in Orlando where you can get genuine UK chippy style fish and chips where the potatoes are freshly chipped and fried for that soft fluffy (and floppy) texture?

SoFloMagic

Was going to ask if the fish and chips here is authentic, but Google'd pics and no, not it isn't, just processed frozen oven style chips, just like the place at Epcot. Is there anywhere in Orlando where you can get genuine UK chippy style fish and chips where the potatoes are freshly chipped and fried for that soft fluffy (and floppy) texture?
Ive heard good things about Gordon ramsays place on I drive

Chef idea Mickey`=

Can you tell just by pictures? Someone send the Gordan Ramsey pic and let's hear the verdict for there!* 😅

CntrlFlPete

'Authentic' fish and chips have a very distinct look so easy to tell from photos, I looked up the Gordon Ramsey place and it's just the same frozen chips you can get anywhere, which is unfortunate.

I want to try The Proper Pie Company some day as they sound authentic to me.

The Celebration Tavern is more Boston styled, but I tend to have good meals there and the fish and chips look good to me.

Chef idea Mickey`=

'Authentic' fish and chips have a very distinct look so easy to tell from photos, I looked up the Gordon Ramsey place and it's just the same frozen chips you can get anywhere, which is unfortunate.
Oh boy... I suppose none of Orlando has any REAL fish n chips.... I do like Red Robin's 🤣

jpinkc

Yes.. so funny, America can’t get a simple dish right 🙃
I know, its night and day difference, maybe its the fish used between England and US. Disney used to be decent at Rose and Crown and Fish Shack, but they switched over to Tilapia or something and man it was so bland it was AWFULL the last time we went. A little birdie I know at Epcot told me it was a cost cut method.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom