contemporary vs. polynesian

RandeB

If it was up to me, Polynesian for better theming. Contemporary is kinda dry. Coolest thing about it is the monorail going through the middle of the main building. Other advantage is that you can walk to Magic Kingdom from Contemporary. But from Polynesian you can walk to direct EPCOT monorail.

Upvote 0

Katherine

I haven't stayed at either of them(I stayed at the Contemporary when I was really little but I don't really remember it)but I have only heard good things about the Poly. And I would definantly pick it over Cont. on looks alone.

Upvote 0

Holly

If (only if) you're choosing a tower room, I'd definitely go with the Contemp. From a kid's point of view, you can't beat the monorail going right thru, Chef Mickey's downstairs, and a view of either the fireworks or the electrical water parade from the balcony.

Upvote 0

Monorail Lime

Contemporary main building has huge rooms so if your family values space that's the way to go. But be sure you are in the main building and not the Garden Wings because I've heard nothing but bad things about them!

Polynesian has a nicer atmosphere in my opinion and smells great thanks to the luau. The pools and restaurants are lots of fun for small kids and maybe they'll learn a thing or two about pacific culture.

So if you need room to spread out book the Contemporary, otherwise Polynesian is the way to go.

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

it depends i love the poly but the monorail is cool when it goes thru contemporary ... if and only if you get a tower room then yes conteporary may be worth it (altho it looked a bit dirty a couple days ago ) otherwise I would hands down go to the poly .

Upvote 0

Firewolfe51

This is the same problem we are having... We stayed at the Poly in Oct. 2002, and loved everything about it. The whole ambience was just excellent. Pools were great, luau was great, Ohana was great, everything was great. But, I have always wanted to stay at the Contemp. People on here have good and bad attitudes toward CR, so it is such a hard choice. Hope you are happy with what you decide!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The Polynesian is much nicer than the Contemporary. The atmosphere is much more relaxing and you get better perks. The room is a little more expensive, but definately worth it.

Upvote 0

SamatBCV

I stayed in each of those hotels at about that age (and at the Poly several times since). I always thought the CR would be better... till we actually stayed there. Even as a 10 year old, after staying at both, I liked the Poly better.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom