Contemporary or Bay Lake

With the current discounts (35% Deluxe, 40% Deluxe Villas) my DH and I decided to try either the Contemporary or Bay Lake. We decided on Bay Lake until I received my PIN today by email. Apparently I can get 40% off the Deluxe as well :sohappy:

It looks like the particular view we want cost the same amount per night at each resort. Now that I can get 40% off at the Deluxe it doesn't matter to me which resort we book.

Has anyone stayed at both? Which did you prefer? Stupid question, but can you only stay at Bay Lake if you are DVC members? I only ask because almost everything I read about Bay Lake keeps referring to DVC.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
With the current discounts (35% Deluxe, 40% Deluxe Villas) my DH and I decided to try either the Contemporary or Bay Lake. We decided on Bay Lake until I received my PIN today by email. Apparently I can get 40% off the Deluxe as well :sohappy:

It looks like the particular view we want cost the same amount per night at each resort. Now that I can get 40% off at the Deluxe it doesn't matter to me which resort we book.

Has anyone stayed at both? Which did you prefer? Stupid question, but can you only stay at Bay Lake if you are DVC members? I only ask because almost everything I read about Bay Lake keeps referring to DVC.

When rooms are available at Bay Lake, they sell them by the night for non-DVC members, just like all the other DVC resorts.

If room quality is important to you, Bay Lake has, without a doubt, the nicest rooms on Disney property (not that there's anything inherently wrong with the rooms at the Contemporary).

Upvote 0

Phonedave

When if first opened, the observation lounge at the top of Bay Lake Tower was only avaialble to DVC members staying on Points at BLT.

I don't know if that has changed or not.

When you are staying at a DVC property on cash, there are a few differences than when you are staying on points. Housekeeping schedules is one of them. They are not big difference, but there are some.

Every DVC property has an amount of rooms that remain unsold and are set aside for use on a cash basis (as required by law). Sometimes cash rooms are available when point ones are not. Sometimes the opposite is true.

-dave

Upvote 0

apple

We love them both!!!:sohappy: I think they have the best spot in Disney!!! We would only stay at the Contemporary, in the past. But now that there is 11 of us we would need three rooms, so now we are DVC members/owners, and the Bay Lake is Beautiful!!! Although we do miss the daily room cleanings. We have to pay for that separately, but you probably don't have to. We've only stayed in the grand villa, to fit us all, but I must say it is huge and we love it!! I am sure the other rooms are just as perfect. We do miss concierge on the upper floors at Contemporary though...:(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom