Contemporary North Wing - Just Wondering

LeeHarman

Just wondering how far along they are going to be with the new tower before announcing the addition of Contemporary DVC? From the latest pictures it looks like the grounds are taking shape very much like the pictures of the plans that had been posted on the boards a while back. I think this is going to be a pretty cool addition. Imagine the view of the fireworks over MK from the top of the tower :D

you

Blonde Princess

We were in Disney last weekend. We met up with a friend of ours who used to work for Disney but in management. He indicated that he had learned that the tower would be used at least in part for DVC. He also indicated that there were "plans" suggested to provide for monorail access to it that would continue past Wilderness Lodge in front of the Lobby area and out to Saratoga Springs. He indicated that if you follow the lines on the Saratoga Springs plans that show the area reserved as an easement for the monorail it essentially takes you on this direct route to the TTC and/or with a right hand turn to the new Contemporary North Wing Tower. He also said whether or not they actually construct the monorail is a question due to cost.

mprewitt

We were in Disney last weekend. We met up with a friend of ours who used to work for Disney but in management. He indicated that he had learned that the tower would be used at least in part for DVC. He also indicated that there were "plans" suggested to provide for monorail access to it that would continue past Wilderness Lodge in front of the Lobby area and out to Saratoga Springs. He indicated that if you follow the lines on the Saratoga Springs plans that show the area reserved as an easement for the monorail it essentially takes you on this direct route to the TTC and/or with a right hand turn to the new Contemporary North Wing Tower. He also said whether or not they actually construct the monorail is a question due to cost.

I seriously doubt that Disney will expand the monorail line as described to you -- purely because of the huge cost to build it.

JML42691

I seriously doubt that Disney will expand the monorail line as described to you -- purely because of the huge cost to build it.
This poster is correct about the monorail easments. When we joined DVC in January of this year we were told by the saleswoman over the phone that although it will most likely never happen due to costs, every resort is having some type of easment rights to the monorail and have a route in and out of the resort planned. She ssaid that this will most likely never happen and that since we own vacation points in Disney that she was legally obligated to tell us this for some technical reason. So it most likely will never happen but every resort has easments and a track route for a monorail.

KevGuy

I think, hey why not expand the monorail. Disney makes about a million dollars a minute with the prices they charge so I really don't think it would phase them at all.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom