Contemporary Garden Wing "Unavailable"?

rnese

Original Poster
When planning my 2014 trip I have been going on the Disney site and planning my stay. When I select the Contemporary as my resort choice for next June, The result shows me that the Garden Wing rooms are unavailable. I've done this for past trips. It cannot be that the rooms are already booked. So my question is, does anyone know why these rooms are already unavailable for reservation?

4401DisneyMom

When planning my 2014 trip I have been going on the Disney site and planning my stay. When I select the Contemporary as my resort choice for next June, The result shows me that the Garden Wing rooms are unavailable. I've done this for past trips. It cannot be that the rooms are already booked. So my question is, does anyone know why these rooms are already unavailable for reservation?
Interesting ... I booked our June 2014 at GF and wanted to book outer building, club level and it was showing as no rooms available. When I spoke to someone at the Grand, he mentioned they were doing a "soft goods" upgrade and possibly that was the reason.

rnese

Original Poster
Interesting ... I booked our June 2014 at GF and wanted to book outer building, club level and it was showing as no rooms available. When I spoke to someone at the Grand, he mentioned they were doing a "soft goods" upgrade and possibly that was the reason.
Any idea as to what a "soft goods upgrade" means? Are they getting new towels? Changing the toilet paper rolls? OR...is it a diabolical plot to get me to reserve a tower room so I spend more money?

DisneyJoe

It cannot be that the rooms are already booked. So my question is, does anyone know why these rooms are already unavailable for reservation?

It certainly can mean that. If there is a convention for that same time, they could be holding dozens or even all of the rooms in that wing for those dates.

The Contemporary is a convention resort, I was just there myself in September for a conference of 500 travel agents, we were split between the Contemporary and the Poly for rooms, but the conference was at the Contemporary.

Either that, or it will be closed for a refurb, but that is usually announced.

LucyK

Plus the Garden Wing is a hidden gem. You can stay in a deluxe hotel paying very close to what you pay for a moderate. They are the first rooms to go, always!

emcclay

They just finished the soft goods refurb at the CR. Chances are, the rooms are already booked up. The Garden Wing contains some of the "cheapest" rooms at the CR. They fill up fast.

MaryJaneP

We have encountered times when many rooms at CR are held back by Disney for conventions. I was "unofficially" advised to call daily for availability as the CM's could not reveal when the "Blocks" would be released for general inventory. The rooms (garden wing) were eventually released (must have been post deadline for the convention reservation group and these rooms were not booked). It could also be, as previously mentioned, an unannounced refurb.

dolce20

Soft goods: bedding, new upholstery on chairs, sofas, throw pillows, drapes, these types of things. Anything with fabric. Disney does this on a routine schedule. ☺

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom