Construction in Epcot parking lot

hbkrocco1

Original Poster
Right in front of Epcot to the left in the 1st parking lot, it looked like they are building a stage with bleacher seats. Does any one know what this is for? I seen it last week while I was there. You could see it better from the monorail.

WDW Imagineer

Yea that is for something called the FIRST Robotics Competitions, there was another discussion about this before that might have more inforamtion about it then I can give you.

asmx4

We were at EPCOT on Saturday the 4th and they were disassembling everything. Has something gone backup since?
Steve

TURKEY

Originally posted by asmx4
We were at EPCOT on Saturday the 4th and they were disassembling everything. Has something gone backup since?
Steve

Probally just mistaking coming down for going up.

Construction is started over a month in advance (probally closer to 2 months or more). I can't remember the seating capacity for the stands, but it was quite large. It just takes a good bit of time to assemble and disassemble the structures.

hbkrocco1

Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy

Probally just mistaking coming down for going up.

Construction is started over a month in advance (probally closer to 2 months or more). I can't remember the seating capacity for the stands, but it was quite large. It just takes a good bit of time to assemble and disassemble the structures.

Yeah :hammer: that was probably it.:hammer:

Testtrack321

Seating in the stands was upwards 10,000 (I'm not joking, I was there). They also had seating infront. The stage that was infront of the bleachers (nice ones, with individual seats) was Enstine field. Mabey if you got to Epcot early durring the competition, you might have heard Will Smith, Dean Kame, Woody Flowers, or Jeb Bush talking. There was also three other tents, one for the pits (hint: you could put three 747 head to tail and still have enough room in there!) where all the robots are worked on, the three minor fields, Currie, Archemedies, and Newton, and the much hyped "VIP" tent, where the VIPS could ride SEGWAYS! YES, I DID RIDE ONE!

For more photos of the stands and other things at The FIRST Robotics Championship, go to ChiefDelphi.com

Here's the FIRST Logo

Also, gohere for more info on FIRST.

Attachments

• first+logo.jpg
    first+logo.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 215

Timekeeper

No Time Machines

Let the record reflect that once again Time Machines were not included in any of the FIRST events. These unfortunate circumstances will hopefully be corrected next year.

Tk

Re: No Time Machines

Originally posted by Timekeeper
Let the record reflect that once again Time Machines were not included in any of the FIRST events. These unfortunate circumstances will hopefully be corrected next year.

Tk

Don't you mean "... will hopefuly be corrected last year"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom