Construction around the old 20K site?

IDreamOfDisney

Original Poster
A CM friend of mine told me today that there is some kind of construction going on at the old 20K site. They mentioned white tarps/coverings so you can't tell what is under them. They did say that what ever is ther si hush... husk. CAn anyone confirm or have pics? Please let me know. MAny thanks.:wave:

freediverdude

Well I can't reveal my source, and yes I don't have any record of being a good rumor source, but I do have it on good authority (not a castmember in the parks or bus driver, lol) that the Pooh playground is not permanent, and that it was meant as a filler for now. Both to put something there that isn't an eyesore, and to cover up early construction going on behind it. The news that I have is that an e-ticket is going in there in the next couple of years, they said maybe in the 2009-2010 timeframe.

jedimaster1227

Well I can't reveal my source, and yes I don't have any record of being a good rumor source, but I do have it on good authority (not a castmember in the parks or bus driver, lol) that the Pooh playground is not permanent, and that it was meant as a filler for now. Both to put something there that isn't an eyesore, and to cover up early construction going on behind it. The news that I have is that an e-ticket is going in there in the next couple of years, they said maybe in the 2009-2010 timeframe.

Yes there is an E-Ticket in the works for that area. I don't know how reliable your sources are or aren't (but we can't judge on this post because this rumor has been covered before). Some of us have seen plans. Others claim to have seen permits. The rumors continue, but what we all agree on is that the parcel of land behind Pooh's Playful Spot is big enough to hold the E-Ticket which is planned for it.

WDWFigment

Yes there is an E-Ticket in the works for that area. I don't know how reliable your sources are or aren't (but we can't judge on this post because this rumor has been covered before). Some of us have seen plans. Others claim to have seen permits. The rumors continue, but what we all agree on is that the parcel of land behind Pooh's Playful Spot is big enough to hold the E-Ticket which is planned for it.

I was under the impression this E-Ticket was a little further down the road than this. I think construction going on right now might be for something else. I don't have inside information, but that's my guess. Just seems really early.

comics101

Did I miss somthing? You Guys seems to know what is being talked about but I have absolutly no idea. Could the E-Ticket be the Villains Mountain that's been rumored for so long?

disneyrockz

I think that a e-ride in the 20k spot good pose problems. I just see at rope drop both thrill seekers and little kids trying to get on dumbo in the same place i just see little kids getting runover.

jt04

I think that a e-ride in the 20k spot good pose problems. I just see at rope drop both thrill seekers and little kids trying to get on dumbo in the same place i just see little kids getting runover.

They need to put the entrance closer to TL so people could use the spoke to the right of the castle to seperate the crowds. Hopefully this is big enough to replace 20K and over towards the speedway with a relocation of the path leading to Toontown.:lookaroun

Kman101

Any HINTS at what it could be?

They're probably just doing lots of prep-work. It could take a year or two for it to be finished, depending on all that they're doing.

comics101

Any HINTS at what it could be?

They're probably just doing lots of prep-work. It could take a year or two for it to be finished, depending on all that they're doing.

Construction would have just started with the tarps going up just recently, if they've even begun construction. My guess is that the attraction won't be done for another 4-5 years.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Construction would have just started with the tarps going up just recently, if they've even begun construction. My guess is that the attraction won't be done for another 4-5 years.

That seems like an awfully long time to have construction crews working. If they are indeed building a new attraction, ala EE/Splash, I think they would go full steam ahead and not dilly-dally around!

comics101

That seems like an awfully long time to have construction crews working. If they are indeed building a new attraction, ala EE/Splash, I think they would go full steam ahead and not dilly-dally around!

I guess I really don't know, I probably am over estimating, but it doesn't seem like they've started much at all yet. I don't know the plans, but from the sound of it they'd be removing Pooh's Playful Spot, and this has been the first time I've heard this in a long time. I would assume if they were getting ready to start, they'd close of PPS, though I guess they can close it over night. I don't know. I just guessed it takes a long time to get big E-Tickets built. I'm not sure though, how long did it take for them to get Everest built, and then I'd guess this project won't be as big as Everest...
I don't know.:p

imagineer boy

Fantaseyland could use a new dark ride. Maybe somthing new and different, maybe like a dark ride based off of Mary Poppins or somthing like that. I'd also perfer to see some kind of Toontown expansion that could go into that area.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I guess I really don't know, I probably am over estimating, but it doesn't seem like they've started much at all yet. I don't know the plans, but from the sound of it they'd be removing Pooh's Playful Spot, and this has been the first time I've heard this in a long time. I would assume if they were getting ready to start, they'd close of PPS, though I guess they can close it over night. I don't know. I just guessed it takes a long time to get big E-Tickets built. I'm not sure though, how long did it take for them to get Everest built, and then I'd guess this project won't be as big as Everest...
I don't know.:p

3 years from announcement till grand opening.

Which included almost 6 months of ground clearing and prep work.

20k is already cleared and basically prepped!

freediverdude

Well I didn't get my information from this site or the internet, I got it from talking to a person who recently worked in the controller's area, and now has another position overseeing some financials. Hope that's not too much to give away somebody's identity, lol. But this person did have access to plans for that kind of information. The person would not tell me what kind of attraction it was though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom