Considering buying a Digital Camera...any suggestions?

CTXRover

Original Poster
I would like to buy a digital camera before our family trip to DL and a weeklong cruise on DCL's west coast cruise at the end of June.

First off, I should let it be known that I have little knowledge into what is good and what isn't in the field of digital cameras and I'm hoping for some initial guidance into what I should be looking for in a digital camera.

I don't need anything super amazing, but something that will be easy to travel with (not too cumbersome) but also take really good quality pictures with a decent zoom. I also want to be able to buy something that will enable me to download photos onto the computer as well as print off pictures from a high quality photo printer (the ones where you can plug your camera into the top of the printer, adjust for coloring/red-eye, etc. and then print off pictures for photo albums). Any suggestions into good photo printers would also be helpful. At this point, cost is not a factor, but it probably will be as I narrow down my choices.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. I just need some help in guiding me to what I should be looking for in a camera. Any recommendations would be very welcome. I'd love to hear what other cameras people use and how they like them. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

tigsmom

I have a Kodak EasyShare DX 6340. It is very easy to use, has different auto settings plus manual ones and I also have the printer dock.

It takes beautiful pictures and the software is easy to use when tweeking the photos. I just noticed (when I looked it up) that is has been discontinued, but I'm sure the newer models are just as easy to use. :wave:

Robfasto

I just bought a Canon Powershot S1 and love it, it takes great pictures and has some great features that come in handy for the price. It also does video up to 640x480 at 30 fps, the only limit on the amout of video is the size of your memory card.

Next month Canon is releasing the S2 which is even better...

rogtuf

I bought the credit card sized Casio Exilm S20 It weighs alsmost nothing, is easy to handle and use, has a viewfinder as well as a screen, the size of a credit card and quarter inch thick, but best of all. it takes great pictures. My model is superceded by a new model with more megapixels.

Lightyear

I have Kodak Easy Share DX4530. It is a great little camera, the zoom is good, not extremely far, but it is 5.0 Mega Pixels. I have the docking station but not the printer.

Shaman

NemoRocks said:
I would recommend the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200....it's a great camera available at a great price.

Thats the one I have...I'm happy for the most part...

(its a bit user unfriendly though...I think)

Ex. of a pic:

(EDIT: Also the ones in the avatar)

Attachments

• ex.jpg
    ex.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 5

sillyspook13

I would reccomend anything from the Panasonic Lumix line. They have 12x optical zoom (a major plus when I was shopping around), easy to use manual functions and lots of nifty shooting modes (your typical landscape, portrait and sport plus things like firework and snow modes). I've been extremely happy with mine (the fz3 model). :)

Computer Magic

sillyspook13 said:
I would reccomend anything from the Panasonic Lumix line. They have 12x optical zoom (a major plus when I was shopping around), easy to use manual functions and lots of nifty shooting modes (your typical landscape, portrait and sport plus things like firework and snow modes). I've been extremely happy with mine (the fz3 model). :)
I bought a Panasonic Lumix FZ-5 before my recent Disney trip and love it.

Here is a few pic but keep in mind that I'm no pro.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom