Connecting tickets, hotel booking to MDE (using travel agent)

Philharmagically

Original Poster
I've seen a lot of forums saying that you have to have the physical ticket in order to connect to MDE. Or that when you make a hotel booking, it goes straight into MDE account.

The problem is, I'm in Australia so they won't ship the tickets, and my family aren't the ones making the hotel reservation.

Will there be an issue?

Philharmagically

Original Poster
Because last time I went (back in 2011), we essentially were given by the travel agent vouchers which we reclaimed as tickets at the park gate (stayed offsite/on site Hilton). And of course, that won't work with all the pre-visit planning Disney forces you to do

Karenb64

Because last time I went (back in 2011), we essentially were given by the travel agent vouchers which we reclaimed as tickets at the park gate (stayed offsite/on site Hilton). And of course, that won't work with all the pre-visit planning Disney forces you to do
I'm not sure from your post whether or not you are staying on site. If you are and you have purchased a package which would include your tickets, you will have a confirmation number that you can link on MDE under "My Reservations and Tickets." Once those are linked, you will be able to proceed with selecting your FP options 60 days out from your arrival and customizing and ordering your MagicBands which you should be able to do some time after the 45 day mark which is when your bill must be paid.
If you are staying off-site, and purchasing tickets from Disney, I would assume there is still a confirmation number or ticket numbers that can be linked to your account. The numbers are what matter, not the physical tickets for linking to MDE and being able to do the pre-planning. If your tickets are being purchased from a third party discount ticket seller like Undercovertourist.com, even if they won't send you the actual tickets, you should be able to request an email with a photo copy of the backs of the tickets which will give you the ticket number which can be linked to MDE.

CAPTAIN HOOK

As has just been said - if you're staying onsite then the reservation number provided by the travel agent is sufficient to link tickets and hotel accomodation together. I our case it took a couple of days for the tickets to appear.
Unfortunately, I don't know how you're going to get around this if you're staying offsite. I would suggest contacting your travel agent in the first instance.

Philharmagically

Original Poster
I'm staying onsite. But if they book through the Disney website, wouldn't that require the travel agent to link the booking straight away to an MDE account? I could be wrong, I've never used the system before

lilclerk

Travel agents use a different site, not the regular Disney site. They'll be able to provide you with the reservation number for the resort and tickets if you book a package, or the reservation number for the resort and confirmation number for the tickets if booked separately. Then you can link those to your MDE account :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom