Confused on FP Day?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Quick question, we are due to arrive on 10/20 staying at the Dolphin so according to even the calculator on this site my 60 day FP window opens Monday...
However, MDE is showing Tuesday?

We are travelling from UK and have a 14 day ticket which did ask for a start date which will be the day after on 10/21 so wondering if this is why?

Even so it should be my arrival date right? Help :)

Tuvalu

Though I am not familiar with UK tickets, it seems that if your ticket is not “valid” until 10/21 (the start date) you won’t be able to make FPs until Tuesday, since booking FPs requires a VALID ticket, not just a resort reservation.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I arrive on 10/13 and our day to book fast passes was Tuesday 8/14...so your day will indeed be Tuesday 8/21 for arrival of 10/20. ;)

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
I arrive on 10/13 and our day was Tuesday 8/14...so your day will indeed be Tuesday 8/21. ;)
Ok thanks, normally use ticket on day one but as we are 15 nights this time we get a full 14 days out of it...
At least it’s not just me :)

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Though I am not familiar with UK tickets, it seems that if your ticket is not “valid” until 10/21 (the start date) you won’t be able to make FPs until Tuesday, since booking FPs requires a VALID ticket, not just a resort reservation.
Ok makes a little sense, tickets linked and it doesn’t suggest a start date just says valid until Jan 19’ so wasn’t sure but seems that’s the way it works with the U.K. ultimate ticket, thanks

sxeensweet

Ok thanks, normally use ticket on day one but as we are 15 nights this time we get a full 14 days out of it...
At least it’s not just me :)
When you plan to use them has nothing to do with fast pass booking date. Only thing that determines your fast pass booking date is your resort Check in date which is 10/20 so will be 60 days prior your window for booking opens. You can book fast passes always 60 days prior to your resort Check in date regardless of how many days on your tickets or when you start using your tickets. ;)

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
When you plan to use them has nothing to do with fast pass booking date. Only thing that determines your fast pass booking date is your resort Check in date which is 10/20 so will be 60 days prior your window for booking opens. You can book fast passes always 60 days prior to your resort Check in date regardless of how many days on your tickets or when you start using your tickets. ;)
Well I am confused now as when I put my dates into all the countdown things as well as on this site it says Monday not Tuesday ? o_O

James J

In the Parks
No
Well I am confused now as when I put my dates into all the countdown things as well as on this site it says Monday not Tuesday ? o_O

Same for me, as we arrive on October 20th too! WDW site says 21st for FP+ bookings, the calculator on here says 20th. However, the Touring Plans site also tells me the 21st.

nickys

Premium Member
Something’s wrong with the calculator on this site then!

September has 30 days,August has 31.

30 days before Oct 20th is Sept 20th. Another 30 days before is Aug 21st.

I would let @wdwmagic know if the calculator tells you Aug 20th. This will alert them anyway.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Same for me, as we arrive on October 20th too! WDW site says 21st for FP+ bookings, the calculator on here says 20th. However, the Touring Plans site also tells me the 21st.
Not just me then! I’ll cancel all plans Tuesday then rather than Monday ;)

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Something’s wrong with the calculator on this site then!

September has 30 days,August has 31.

30 days before Oct 20th is Sept 20th. Another 30 days before is Aug 21st.

I would let @wdwmagic know if the calculator tells you Aug 20th. This will alert them anyway.

Seems that way! I took a screenshot that has it a day early to remind me

sxeensweet

You always put the day you arrive/Check in to your resort for any countdowns. Resort Check in day is the date that counts. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom