Confused about new FP

Mark_E

Original Poster
Hi Guys,

First time at disney in 5 years coming up next week. We came across some old parkhoppers from the 1990s which still have 4 days on them, and we are going to get these converted at guest relations downtown disney the day we arrive.

How do we go about booking fast passes? Can we do it online? Its really all quite alien to me. We are staying off property.

sfeinst

I haven't done it, but you should be able to associate your ticket with your My Experience account on the Walt Disney World web site. At that point, you can book fastpass. I don't think you can do it until you convert them though. Someone else with more knowledge may have a better answer.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That's the quandary as the ticket media pre-fastpass+ isn't available for scheduling until after its converted to new RFID media. Once the conversion occurs then the new serial numbers can be added to MyDisneyExperience (either the website or the application) and you can schedule your three experiences in one park per day.

Right now your unexpired ticket media exists only on the accounting books as unrealized revenue and not eligible for FastPass+

HolleBolleGijs

Ideally, you would have linked these in advance (if that's even possible), and book fastpasses 30-60 days ahead of time, depending on whether or not you're staying on property. So if you are able to link these to your account, you will be able to book fastpasses immediately. The question is - can you link the tickets online ahead of time, or do you have to convert them once you're in the park?

I would call them and ask, although I feel like this is something they might not be trained on, so you might have to ask for a manager. We used tickets from the 1990s two years ago, pre-FP+. We had to exchange them in-person, and the CM who helped us didn't know what to do with is because they were so old. This was in the infancy of MyMagic+, so I don't even know if we could have linked them, had we wanted to.

You can try going to the website (create an account if you haven't already), and clicking on "My Reservations and Tickets." Then, click "link tickets" and go through that process, although my gut feeling is that your tickets are too old for that.

Tuvalu

That's the quandary as the ticket media pre-fastpass+ isn't available for scheduling until after its converted to new RFID media. Once the conversion occurs then the new serial numbers can be added to MyDisneyExperience (either the website or the application) and you can schedule your three experiences in one park per day.

Right now your unexpired ticket media exists only on the accounting books as unrealized revenue and not eligible for FastPass+
This ^^^^^^^

Rob562

From the MDE ticket-linking page:

"Is the purchase date printed on your ticket prior to 2007? Please call (407) 939-4357 for information on how you can use pre-2007 tickets. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call."

I'd give that a shot, see what they say.

-Rob

JeffBostock

Hi Guys,

First time at disney in 5 years coming up next week. We came across some old parkhoppers from the 1990s which still have 4 days on them, and we are going to get these converted at guest relations downtown disney the day we arrive.

How do we go about booking fast passes? Can we do it online? Its really all quite alien to me. We are staying off property.

You shouldn't worry about whether or not you will be able to get fastpass plus reservations for the attractions you want, even the day before your first day at the parks. Really the only tough one to get lately is Anna and Elsa meet and greet. Lately I have found 7DMT can be possible to get the day before or the day when you go to MK just know you may need to be flexible as to what time you ride it. If it's not available when you check, keep trying! Different times become available closer to the date you go to the park as guest's plans change and they make changes to their reservations.

So once they exchange your old ticket media for the new tickets, just go to the MDE app and start making the reservations. Pretty sure the CM at Guest Services will link the new tickets to your account as long as you've already created the account beforehand.

Mark_E

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info guys. Im starting to miss just putting my ticket in and getting a time back already!

Will create an MDE account today, hadn't thought of doing that, and will get booking on Thursday!

Glad to hear most things are available. Luckily for us we have zero interest in the meet and greets.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I'm not a fan of the current FP+ setup, I think its too restrictive and decreases the general user experience of the park.
I understand the older system had issues, but that doesn't mean it should have been scrapped completely.

What's frustrating for me is the need to use a kiosk later in the day to try to schedule new FP+ (after using my alloted 3 FP+ reservations). The lines for those kiosks were as long as rides on disney.

This was last November, so I don't know if things changed since then.

sfeinst

I was in the park in July. The wait for the Kiosk for me (around 2pm) was about 5-10 minutes. Part of the slow down is the Kiosk is not intuitive so CMs have to help. It's a touch screen. So I tried to touch the screen like any other touch screen system. Wouldn't work. The CM helping told me that fingertips did not work well and I should use my fingernail. It worked doing that, but I mean.. really???

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I was in the park in July. The wait for the Kiosk for me (around 2pm) was about 5-10 minutes. Part of the slow down is the Kiosk is not intuitive so CMs have to help. It's a touch screen. So I tried to touch the screen like any other touch screen system. Wouldn't work. The CM helping told me that fingertips did not work well and I should use my fingernail. It worked doing that, but I mean.. really???
CM's constant helping was what I noticed as well back in November. Any kiosks that didn't have a CM, caused even longer lines and more frustrated folks.

Mark_E

Original Poster
Well... It worked!
We hit Animal Kingdom yesterday morning and used our FP+ on Everest, Safari and Dinosaur, hit Kali first thing for a walk on, waited only 20 mins for primeval whirl, and saw festival of LK/tough to be a bug. Headed to EPCOT when the rain started and got FP for Imagination which saved us a 20 min wait, rode living with the land, ellens energy adventure, spaceship earth, and then by some fluke got FP for Soarin. Great day

Mark_E

Original Poster
4 Disney days now complete. After being a real sceptic of the new system I honestly think it is brilliant.

For Epcot we chose Soarin, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth FP, did Single Rider for Test Track, and got another FP for Mission Space later in the day. Headed to MK and got a new FP whenever we could, Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Buzz, Splash and Big Thunder - Must have gotten some last minute cancellations for those last two.

On Tuesday, Toy Story Mania was down during our FP window (and pretty much the entire afternoon). We couldnt wait any longer and had done all the other "rides" and so the CM at guest relations changed this to a 7DMT FP over at magic kingdom. Made up for the disappointment of not getting to ride toy story this trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom