Complimentary tickets/E-tickets and FP+/MM+

horizons82

Original Poster
What I'm looking for is a little clarification in terms of using FP+/My Magic+ with complimentary or E-tickets that are printed out.

1. If I understand correctly, once you get an E-ticket you can use the number from the printed paper ticket and put it into MDE. This will link the paper receipt/E-ticket with the MDE and you'll be able to start making FP arrangements once your window opens up just like you would for any ticket. Correct?

2. Before the new FP+ system, you used to just take your E-ticket to the turnstiles where it would be scanned for admittance. But now, to be able to use en E-ticket with FP, can I assume E-tickets need to be exchanged for 'real' RFID tickets at the ticket booths before you get to the turnstiles?

3. If #2 is the case, can I assume the RFID ticket you get in exchange for the E-ticket would then still automatically connect to MDE and would be used for all of the previously made FP+ plans you made? Basically paper/E-ticket info is just transferred into the regular park ticket?

Any other tidbits in terms of using FP+ and/or making advance FP plans using complimentary or E-tickets?

Rob562

I don't know about Comp tickets, but your description of e-tickets/vouchers is pretty much spot-on.

Both your ticket (once linked) and FP+ reservations are stored on your profile, not on an actual ticket media. The RFID card you get will just be a pointer to your profile, so when you use the RFID card it will tell the system where to look for your ticket or FP+ reservation.

If you happen to have an RFID card from an old visit, you can try linking it to your account now. If it allows it, you can use that for your gate and FP+ access with no need to go to Guest Relations.

-Rob

horizons82

Original Poster
Thanks for the info Rob.

My dad is a CM and he would occasionally give me a printed comp ticket that looked very similar to the E-tickets we have ordered on the WDW site.

I actually became an annual passholder just as this whole FP+ system was put into place, so I never really had the chance to see how the new FP system worked with comp tickets. However, the tickets my dad used to give us were printed from some special CM log-in through a WDW site, and the comp tickets looked very similar to E-tickets, so I'd assume they would work the same once whoever was going to use the pass actually got the comp ticket in their hands.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
You only have to exchange a comp ticket printout for an RFID card if you don't already have a Magicband or card from a previous visit linked to your MDE account. If you already have one, just link the code from the printout or PDF to your account and your old band or card will work for admission. FP+ reservations can be made 7 days in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom