Complimentary Bread Service

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It depends on the restaurant. Off the top of my head bread is still complimentary at Mama Melrose, California Grill, Flying Fish, Trattoria al Forno, Trail’s End, Kona Cafe, Sebastian’s Bistro and at all the family style & buffet restaurants.

Can’t answer about Brown Derby but if there is a paid option chances are there is no complimentary offering (looking at you, Steakhouse 71!)

Lilofan

Ate at Brown Derby week before last and we got the usual complimentary bread service (the rolls with the salted butter). They even refilled for us. Love those rolls. Not bread service but you do now have to pay for chips and salsa at La Hacienda.
I heard at La Hacienda the chips and salsa is over $5 but it comes with guacamole .

BeanCounterBob

lol...free in Disney?!? Ahh the good ole days. I bet bean counter Bob is sitting in his ivory tower thinking of how he can reduce the oxygen levels, just so that we have to buy tanks to carry around.

christine7257

I heard at La Hacienda the chips and salsa is over $5 but it comes with guacamole .
We ordered the guacamole and it came with chips but no salsa. We asked for salsa, received 2 kinds, and am pretty sure we were charged $3 for the salsa. Extra salsa (i.e. a refill) is def on the menu for $3. Annoying but the food was good and service excellent.

JIMINYCR

lol...free in Disney?!? Ahh the good ole days. I bet bean counter Bob is sitting in his ivory tower thinking of how he can reduce the oxygen levels, just so that we have to buy tanks to carry around.
Its a shame but its not just Disney. Several of the restaurants we frequent in our home area are now restricting bread/ chips that once they were handing out freely at the time we were seated. DMany spots are still trying to catch up from bein g closed down or having only take out service available. The sad part is we the consumers will be quickly accepting the new way of table offerings and the eateries will continue making money off of what once was a free staple.

BeanCounterBob

I have seen the same thing with bread, chips, or whatever was free a few years ago. I also agree with companies are trying to make up for lost revenue from 2 years ago. Its a shame that no matter where we go its a painful cash grab. Although with how closely I follow Disney its down right painful how bad they are gouging everyone. They have made so many aspects of a trip just awful to navigate. I am very lucky to be a DVC member (and very vocal to them about the ongoing frustration or having a membership) because if I wasnt I just dont see how we could afford going. It used to be a right of passage to take kids there when they were young, now its a trip for the elite; just to go for a week. Maybe the 5th gate (yes the one I heard about from an ex bus driver) will only have one attraction......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom