Complicated FP question... hope someone has been through this before

WVParkfan

Original Poster
I have a complicated FastPass question...

We are arriving in June. I've already linked our tickets to MyDisneyExperience. We are staying offsite at a Disney Springs hotel which has now become a "Good Neighbor Hotel," which will allow us to book our FP's 60 days in advance.

Here's the complicated part... I got the room (and flight and car) through Expedia. I don't have a confirmation number to enter to link the room to our tickets. Just the Expedia confirmation number.

Suggestions? Certainly somebody has had this situation...

Rob562

I have a complicated FastPass question...

We are arriving in June. I've already linked our tickets to MyDisneyExperience. We are staying offsite at a Disney Springs hotel which has now become a "Good Neighbor Hotel," which will allow us to book our FP's 60 days in advance.

Here's the complicated part... I got the room (and flight and car) through Expedia. I don't have a confirmation number to enter to link the room to our tickets. Just the Expedia confirmation number.

Suggestions? Certainly somebody has had this situation...

It was my understanding that the 60-day FP+ window for the Disney Springs hotels required you to book through Disney. It's not a benefit that you get automatically just by staying there (unlike Extra Magic Hours, which everyone staying there *does* get regardless).

-Rob

DisneyJoe

It was my understanding that the 60-day FP+ window for the Disney Springs hotels required you to book through Disney. It's not a benefit that you get automatically just by staying there (unlike Extra Magic Hours, which everyone staying there *does* get regardless).

-Rob
That is correct. You must book a package via Disney to get the 60-day FP+ perk.

correcaminos

I've read reports of a couple people getting it but it's not consistent. The statement on the Disney Springs page is this: "Also, scheduled to begin Jan. 10, 2018, guests at the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, who have booked a Walt Disney Travel Company package including a stay at one of the hotels, and theme park admission, will be able to link their hotel reservation on MyDisneyExperience.com, and with a linked, valid theme park ticket, these guests can utilize a 60-day booking window for FastPass+ selections."
http://disneyspringshotels.com/2018-disney-springs-hotels-new-benefits-extra-magic-hours/

Some said a confirmation number from Expedia worked but a lot are going back and forth having issues.

nickys

Premium Member
I agree with the above answers.

All guests get the EMH. But to get the 60 day window for FPs it implied you have to bookmthrough Disney.

However you may be lucky. My suggestion is to phone the resort directly and ask. They will have your reservation in their system and may be able to give you a number to link on MDE.

ETA :joyfull::joyfull: Must have been posting at the same time. Glad to hear it worked!

Rob562

UPDATE: I located a hotel-only confirmation number on my Expedia email and entered it. It worked! The MyDisneyExperience website came up with my hotel reservations and let me link everyone to the room. We're good to go with the 60-day out FP's. Thanks everyone for your response.

Interesting..... Goes against what has been published, but I suppose if it works..... (Since this perk is new, we may also see them figure out a way to lock this down to just those who book through disney)

-Rob

DisneyJoe

UPDATE: I located a hotel-only confirmation number on my Expedia email and entered it. It worked! The MyDisneyExperience website came up with my hotel reservations and let me link everyone to the room. We're good to go with the 60-day out FP's. Thanks everyone for your response.
Are you at or under 60 days before your trip?

WVParkfan

Original Poster
) So it is too soon to know if they are truly “good to go” for booking at 60 days out. 😉

Good point. I have another question though (whether it's 30 or 60 days). We won't be getting the bands (we have old paper tickets we are using up). I know that if I go to a kiosk at a park that I can get a paper FastPass to use, but if I get them in advance as I'm planning, how do the CM's know that I have a FP if I don't have the magicband?

DisneyJoe

Good point. I have another question though (whether it's 30 or 60 days). We won't be getting the bands (we have old paper tickets we are using up). I know that if I go to a kiosk at a park that I can get a paper FastPass to use, but if I get them in advance as I'm planning, how do the CM's know that I have a FP if I don't have the magicband?
You'll need to exchange the old paper tickets at a ticket window for the new RFID enabled cards just to be able to enter the park

Rob562

Also note that paper FastPasses at WDW are totally gone (and have been gone since the switch to FP+).

How old is the paper ticket? Have you been able to link it to My Disney Experience? (You'll need to do that before you can make FastPass reservations) If your ticket is quite old, you may have to call and talk to the Help Desk about your options.

However some paper tickets issued in the couple years leading up to the transition to plastic cards are RFID capable. Look on the back of the ticket for the MyMagic+ symbol (a Mickey head inside a circle). If it's there, the ticket is already RFID capable and can be used as-is without having to visit Guest Relations. Otherwise, you'd need to have Guest Relations swap it out for a plastic card that you'd use to tap into the park entrance and FastPass entrances.

-Rob

joejccva71

I will always book through Disney. I have heard horror stories about people booking with Expedia or Hotwire and when it came down to checking in at their hotel, they were not only overbooked (which isn't unusual) but they took forever to find them a room. Especially if you want a specific room that you're looking for, always book through Disney over the 3rd party sites.

HwdStudio

I just want to stress what has already been said about going to a kiosk to get a paper FP. It doesn’t work that way. You can book day of FP at a kiosk and those are linked to your MDE account and redeemed either by magicband or RFID enabled card. Just be aware that if you don’t book in advance then you may have a very difficult time getting FP for the more popular attractions. In some cases slim to none especially in June right when school is out.

I would try linking those paper tickets to your MDE account now so that you can make your FP in advance at either the 30 or 60 day mark. If they are too old to link you will have to see guest services in person. I don’t think they can do anything until you get there leaving you with only day of FP. You could still call and ask if there is anyway they can help.

I hope this makes sense. FP has become quite complicated for those who don’t visit as frequently as the rest of us. I just don’t want you to get there and be totally lost and disappointed with the FP selection available the day of.

Let us know how it all works out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom