coming to Wdw within the next 16 months what will be open at MGM?

bjlc57

Original Poster
I am returning to WDW in a time period from March to May of 18.. what will be open at MGM by then any thing new at all?

bjlc57

Original Poster
i have been spanked for bumping an old thread. this thread has hundreds of views, obviously I am not the only one who would like to know this info.. I am trying my best to be a good forum member.. but seek information that applies to me..

Goofyernmost

The perfect response for the forum police is "bite me". If you do something that is a real problem the mods will let you know. I see that you have been a member for a long time, but, haven't really been involved much. Don't worry, be happy!

Bacon

One man's dream is likely to get some updates and if you have little kids Disney jr is going to Updated/Replaced with a new show presented by Disney Jr and maybe TSL but I wouldn't hold my breath

No Name

A post or few must have been deleted because I feel lost. I see no bricks. Maybe I should add some.

I don't get why people have so much love for the MGM name. Is it simply because that's what the park was called for so many years and that's what they grew up knowing it as? Or do some people really like that name better?

Eisner got rights to use the MGM name primarily because he wasn't confident in the Disney name's ability to lead a park on its own. Certainly not a decision that carries much pride, and I'm glad the park name has since been changed.

Capsin4

A post or few must have been deleted because I feel lost. I see no bricks. Maybe I should add some.

I don't get why people have so much love for the MGM name. Is it simply because that's what the park was called for so many years and that's what they grew up knowing it as? Or do some people really like that name better?

Eisner got rights to use the MGM name primarily because he wasn't confident in the Disney name's ability to lead a park on its own. Certainly not a decision that carries much pride, and I'm glad the park name has since been changed.
Yeah, one of the first posts told the OP to go read other threads instead of starting a new one. Once other posters were critical and more supportive of the OP, it disappeared.

Kman101

Well, Disney's name WAS in the park name. It was Disney-MGM Studios. It's just what people are used to. Nostalgia and all that. I still call it MGM. The name gives off the allure of a movie studio, which is what the park used to be. It's not anymore but I still prefer the MGM name to Hollywood Studios. Hollywood Studios is so generic but it at least "covers" them for whatever they throw into the park LOL

Very curious if they change the name and what it would be. I imagine it's going to be Disney Hollywood Adventure. It's the only one that rolls off the tounge and makes "sense".

Herbie

Hollywood Adventure does not roll off the tongue and doesn't strike me as making sense. Why people think that's a credible option is beyond me.

Herbie

Because it is

Since when? I believe it's been dismissed before. Too close to California Adventure, although I know that's what fans are going for, given the slight slight similarities between the parks. It is ugly and unflattering. Studios atleast solidifies the upscale classiness of the name. For me, Adventure works for California because of the park and it's attractions, but not DHS. Not to mention Islands of Adventure is down the road. As if there were not already a confusion between DHS and Universal in general.

California, in general, is an adventure. As beautiful as the glamor can be (and DHS is my favorite park), Hollywood is not an adventure moreso than it can be a nightmare. (Disney's Hollywood Nightmare!) Atleast Disney's Hollywoodland more accurately represents the smoke-and-mirrors aspect, but I'm getting too philosophical here..

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom