College internship program??

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
Hey Everyone! So next thursday people from the Disney College Internship program are coming to my college to talk to us. I really want to do the internship but I was wondering what types of things people do. I really don't want to be a custodian but I would love to work on one of the rides like jungle cruise or tot. What I really want to do is preform though like in one of the parades. So anyone who has done it any feed back would be appreciated:)

Also, where do you live for the time that you are there??

Strawberrichic

Hey Everyone! So next thursday people from the Disney College Internship program are coming to my college to talk to us. I really want to do the internship but I was wondering what types of things people do. I really don't want to be a custodian but I would love to work on one of the rides like jungle cruise or tot. What I really want to do is preform though like in one of the parades. So anyone who has done it any feed back would be appreciated:)

Also, where do you live for the time that you are there??

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! I am currently applying as well but ive researched so much on this i know a LOT of the answers haha. When you first apply there will be a role checklist for you to pick what roles you wouldnt mind. There are a TON of roles: Hospitality, Quick Food, Fine Dining, Culinary, Attractions (which would include the cruise you talk about) and more. If you do not want to do custodial simply dont check it and when they ask you on the interview if youd consider it..say no. They will not hold it against you.

To perform in a parade number one thing youd have to do is be a character in which youd have to audition for. There is a list of participating locations on the actual disney college program website:

https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/students/role_descr/onstage.html

Also as for the Living location: You have 3 apartment complexes to choose from: Vista Way (Thats the party one), Chatham (Next to the bus stop which takes you to work if you dont have a car), and Patterson. The rent would be deducted from your pay check which is weekly. :)

Hope this helps!!

Hello there!

Intenrs can be character guides, cast members, custodians, food service, train helpers, monorail, etc.

But you will have another 'experienced' cast member to help you.

Parade dancers are mainly for experienced people. You would have to dance for like 20 minutes.

-Disneyroks
~WDI

adv.bluedude

Sorry to hijack the thread but I would love to do the college program and I was just wondering if you had to maintain a certain GPA in highschool to get accepted in the program when you reach college or what.

ntoeman

Sorry to hijack the thread but I would love to do the college program and I was just wondering if you had to maintain a certain GPA in highschool to get accepted in the program when you reach college or what.

Nope, Disney doesnt care about your grades. You just have to be in good academic standing with your school to be allowed to do the internship ultimately.

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
I found out today my school requires a certain number of credits in order to go...Looks like I'll go for Fall 2011:) I'd love to be there for halloween and for the Christmas decorations

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom